Chapter 4: Go The Distance

AN: Once again. I love this shit. 

3rd Person POV

Ahh the beautiful farmlands of Greece. 

Sheeps grazing in the grass and complete and utter- 

The sheep dive to the side outside of the road as a cart filled with hay comes flying at an insane speed down the road. 

"Kara, slow down!" Jo'nn yells as he and their hurt mule hold on for dear life in the front seat of the cart. 

The now older Kara can't hear her father as they finally reach the town.

Kara doesn't slow down as her father yells "Look out!" pointing at an archway that wasn't under construction and wasn't tall enough that they could make it under without hitting it with the hay. 

The hay hits it knocking some of the men off of the entryway as Kara says "Sorry, guys!" Over her shoulder. 

"Hey, watch where you're goin'."

Everyone saw the cart coming and is doing and running out of the way as Kara digs her feet into the ground bringing to the cart to a stop Kara was going so quick that stopping dug her into a hole up to her shoulders. 

Kara hops out of the hole as Jo'nn says "Thanks, Kara." as Kara adjusts the white toga that was slipping offer her thin frame.  "When old Penelope twisted her ankle back there, I thought we were done for." 

"No problem, Pop," Kara says.

She lifts up the large stack of hay easily with one hand over her head and starts to move to unload it but Jo'nn stops her as he says "Uh, don't unload just yet. First, I have to finagle with Phideas." 

"Okay," Kara says as she throws up the hay and it lands heavily into the cart shooting Penelope super high in the air. Kara flinches and says "Oops. Sorry, Penelope" 

Jo'nn releases a tired sigh as he says "Now, Kara, this time, please just..."

Kara walks toward her father and sticks her arms out in front of her as she says "I know. I know" Penelope lands in Kara's arms looking terrified. "Stay by the cart." 

Jo'nn pats Kara's shoulder as he says "That's my boy." and walks away to talk with Phideas. 

Kara releases a sigh and leans against the cart but sees a man struggling to carry a heavy vase almost bigger than him. 

Kara quickly runs over to the man who is standing in his shop and helps him carry it before it breaks on the ground as she says "Careful!" 

The vase was in between them as the man says "Why thank you." not seeing Kara yet. 

"No problem," Kara says in a cheery tone sticking her head around the vase so the man could see her.

His eyes widen and he sputters out "Why, Hercules! It's you!" terror clear in his eyes. 

Kara doesn't notice the fear as he says "Let me help you with that." 

The man shakes his hand as he says "No, no, no, no, no. I got it!" grabbing the vase away from Kara. "I'm fine." he says straining under the weight "You just run along."

Kara looks concerned as she questions "Are you sure?"

"Oh, yes. Absolutely." Before pushing Kara out of the store built into the stone. 

Kara stumbles a bit and just looks really confused at the store but walks away slowly but stops when a disk lands at her feet. 

"Yo! Give it here!" Some teens yell as they run towards Kara who picks up a disk but they come to a halt when they see it's Kara before slowly backing away fear in their eyes.