Chapter 8

AN: I have the most incredible friends in the world. Above is a gorgeous drawing my friend itsmeclairo. I am so happy we have become friends and I hope we stay friends for a long time! 

We love procrastinating school work so we can write a story

SHORT CHAPTER

3rd Person POV

Kara doesn't see Lena leaning against a tree and watching the trio flying away with a small smile on her face. 

The smile doesn't last long though. 

Lena turns around and heads deeper into the forest. 

All the trees were dead and rotting. Lena frowns deeply as she continues walking against a strong breeze. 

Lena glances around nervously as she hears animals around. 

She intakes a sharp breath when she sees a bunny and a squirrel blocking her path. "Aw... How cute. A couple of rodents looking for theme park." She already knew who they were so she wanted to push their buttons.

The bunny glares at Lena and says "Who you callin' a rodent, sister? I'm a bunny!"

"And I'm his gopher." adds the gopher before both of them shift into James and Jack before they yell "Ta-Da"

"Lena.." says a deep voice as a cloud of smoke forces her chin in the direction it came from.

Lena resists the urge to glower any harder than she already is as she says "Speak of the devil" when she comes face to face with Lex himself. 

The god seems calm but Lena could see the rage bubbling inside him as he says "Lena, my little flower, my little bird,  Lena. " Lena waves away the cloud of smoke and turns away from the fire-haired god as he says "What exactly happened here? I thought you were gonna persuade the river guardian to join my team for the uprising, and here I am, kind of river guardian-less."

Lena glares at the god as she says "I gave it my best shot, but he made me an offer I had to refuse."

Lex shrugs and says "Fine. So, instead of subtracting two years from your sentence, hey I'm gonna add two on, okay? Give that your best shot." with fake happiness in his voice.

Lena storms away from him as he says "It wasn't my fault. It was this Wonderwoman, Kara."

The temperature raises from freezing to warmer and warmer and then almost scalding. 

James and Jack recognize that name distantly as Jack paces and says "Kara? Why does that name ring a bell?" panic radiating from him already. 

James is sitting down and scratching his head as he says "I don't know. Maybe we owe her money."

Lex moves up to Lena furry growing more and more in his body as he says "What was that name again?"

"Kara." Lena spits out. Lex growls. "She comes on with this big, innocent farm girl routine," Lex's attention is no longer listening to Lena as he turns his fury on the two little demons. "but I could see through that in a Peloponnesian minute," Lena says not noticing the angry god or panicking demons. She was totally focused on the thought of Kara without even realizing what she was doing. 

James's eyes widen and he says "Wait a minute. Wasn't Kara the name of that kid we were supposed to..."

Lex is shooting out smoke tendrils in their directions as the two demons yell "OH MY GODS!" and try and run away not getting far away. "Run for it!"

"So you took care of him, huh? Dead as a doornail." Lex grabbed their tails and dragged them back to him. "Weren't those your exact words?" he questions while holding them by their necks. 

James scratches at Lex's arm as he says "This might be a different Kara."

Jack nods his agreement as he says "Yeah! I mean, Kara is a very popular name nowadays!"

"Remember, like, a few years ago, every other boy was named Jason, and the girls were all named Brittany?" James adds but is cut off by Lex tightening his grip around his neck. 

"I'm about to rearrange the cosmos, and the one schlemiel who can louse it up is waltzing around in the woods!" Lex yells while losing his temper and shooting out fire burning trees down in every direction as he throws James and Jack down. 

"Wait. Wait, big guy." James says. "We can still cut in on his waltzing."

"That's right! And at least we made him mortal. That's a good thing. Didn't we?" Jack says.

Lex calms down a bit as he says "Hmm." He uses smoke to bring Lena, Jack, and James closer to him as he continues "Fortunately for the three of you, we still have time to correct this rather egregious oversight. And this time, no foul-ups.

AN: This chapter was short just because it stopped at an easy spot to end on