Chapter 7: River Guardian

AN: Musical challenge day three: (Level Medium)

"Wait for me, I'm coming. Wait, I'm coming with you. Wait for me, I'm coming too. I'm coming too" 

Sorry, I haven't updated today I had a really chaotic day but I hope you all are doing well. 

3rd Person POV

Kara smiles proudly as she yells "HAHA! Did you see that?" as she picks Pegasus up and starts bench pressing him. "Next stop Olympus!" 

"Alright there. Just take it, easy champ." Alex says. 

"I am ready. I want to get off this island. I want to see battles and monsters" Kara says as she drops Pegasus and starts fake wrestling the horse.  "Rescue some damsels. You know, heroic stuff." 

"Well..."

"Aw come on! Alex!" 

"Well, okay. Okay, you want a road test? Saddle up, kid. We're going to Thebes!" 

Pegasus whinnies as Kara cheers before throwing Alex onto the back of the horse following close behind herself before Pegasus shoots into the air. 

An hour later as they get closer Kara asks "So what's in Thebes?"

"A lot of problems. It's a big tough town. Good place to start buildin' a rep."

All three flinch when they hear a loud blood-curdling scream. 

Pegasus is already heading in that direction as Alex says "Sounds like your basic DID, Damsel in Distress." 

They reach near the area and search around for a bit not finding anything so far. 

Kara finally moves a bush to find a secluded shallow river that was created by a flowing waterfall. 

Kara's eyes widen when she sees a woman trip over her dress and fall into the water as a large ugly blue centaur walks after her and says "Not so fast sweetheart" while grabbing the raven-haired woman. 

"I swear, Nessus. Put me down or I'll..." She says as she tries to kick the beast but he moves out of the way. 

"Whoo! I like 'em fiery!" He says with an evil chuckle. 

Kara gasp as Alex says "Now, remember kid. First, analyze the situation. Don't just barrel in there without thinking." Kara was already storming up to the centaur and couldn't hear Alex's advice. Alex growls and says "She's losin' points for this!" 

Kara hears the women say "You don't know what you're..." 

But decides to intervene as she says "Halt!" making her voice deeper to seem more sure of herself cause she really didn't have a clue how to handle this. 

This got both the river guardian and the green eyed womens attention. 

The centaur storms up to Kara with the women still held in a hand as he says "Step aside two legs." 

Kara holds her ground even as the man invades her space.

Kara clears her throat as she says "Pardon me but I'll have to ask you to release that young..." 

"Keep movin', junior." The women says in an annoyed tone. 

"...Lady" Kara finishes confused as to why she doesn't want help. "But you..." She stutters but only for a moment "Aren't you a damsel in distress?"

"I'm a damsel" She says as she tries to get out of the river guardian's grip "I'm in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day." She finishes with a fake smile.