Eight: Mistake

*•°*•°*•°*

*•°*•°*•°*

Y/N

You stayed up all night staring at the ceiling in your room waiting for Jungkook to wake up so you could talk to him and apologize. You sent a message to your secretary that you're not going to work today. When the clock strikes at eight in the morning, you hurriedly walk down to Jungkook's room. But you did not find him there. You thought that maybe he just went to the mini mart, just a few blocks away from your house to buy some banana milk, so you decided to wait for him in the living room. You laid down for a while on the sofa as you wait for him to come back but since you didn't sleep last night, you suddenly fell asleep for hours.

Panic washed over you when you woke up, checking the time. It's already midnight and the house is still quiet. Jungkook is still not home. Walking to his room, you found no signs of him. He even left his phone at his table. You called Jin to ask if Jungkook sent them any messages. Namjoon answered the phone.

"Nope, he hasn't sent me anything since yesterday." Namjoon said.

"Hold on, I'm gonna pass the phone to Jin..." when he did, you also got the same answer from Jin. Days have passed and there's still no signs of Jungkook, you started to realize things. So you just continue doing your usual routine. Work, come home and work the next day again. Slowly, you begin to accept things.

He left.

Jungkook left you.

Who wouldn't? you thought. Grabbing the knob tightly, you looked at his room for one last time while your heart shreds into millions of pieces. It wasn't new to you but it still pains you knowing that someone left you again. Even the couple felt sad for you when you told them that Jungkook did not come home for days. You can't help but to feel frustrated for messing things up all the time. It's not difficult to give time to someone and make them stay but you can't figure out why the fuck you cannot do that single thing.

"I fucked up again, didn't I?" you said to yourself, chuckling bitterly as tears threatening to fall from your sorrowful eyes.

Days went by in a snap of a finger for you, it almost felt like being a robot, doing your work senseless. Jungkook leaving your side definitely affected you. Namjoon decided to check on you at your office, giving you a comforting hug.

"Oh, y/n sweetie..." he cooed as you broke the hug forming your lips into a thin line.

"It's alright, Joon. It's not like I've never went through this before..." you said.

"Nonetheless, it still pains you...get some time off y/n please. It's Friday today, do you want us to take you out tonight?" Namjoon offered.

"No, it's alright. I already have plans with some people at the sales department tonight. Be with Jin, he misses you."

"He always misses me though."

You rolled your eyes playfully at his statement. He gave you a hug once again as he bid his goodbye to get back to his work. Then again, time flies so fast for you. You and your colleagues decided to have a karaoke night to relieve the stress at work. It's Friday and you have some sorrow deep in your heart that needs to be unshackled, having fun until the rest of the evening isn't that bad right? And so you did, you can't remember when was the last time you went out with your colleagues since you always turned them down whenever they asked you out. It's either you're too busy or too shy to say yes.

"Ms. Y/L/N? You're really coming with us?!" Soyeon asked in delight as you walked out the building to join them.

"Oh, please. Just call me Y/n outside work premises. Yes, I'm joining you guys tonight, am I welcome?" you chuckled.

"Oh my god, you don't know how much we wanted you to come!"

"True, because you're always neglecting us. Makes us think that you hate us." Yuqi frowned at you.

"Aigoo~ how can I hate you guys? You're all hardworking people and you guys are so kind and patient with me. It's just that I can't turn down work." you explained.

"Okay but now! We are going to have fun alright? No work, no stress! " Miyeon exclaimed.

"I'd love that. Let's go then!" you cooed.

"This is gonna be a long night."

*•°*•°*•°*