Nine: Lost

*•°*•°*•°*
JUNGKOOK

He sat down on the pavement hugging the paper bag tightly to his chest. He's been wandering around the town for days now. He sniffed as he wiped his runny nose from crying, he felt homeless again. The rain started pouring again and he didn't know what to do.

He didn't leave that day; he will never leave you. The night when you came home late again, ignoring him, he admit that he was hurt about it but he thought that he should make something for you to lessen your burden from work instead of being grumpy about it. So the next morning, he thought of making red velvet cake and some sweet pastries for you since you told him that you really like those. He grabbed the money you used to leave on the kitchen counter every day in case Jungkook needs to buy something while you're away. He left the house quietly assuming that you're still asleep and he doesn't want to wake you up. When he arrived at the mini mart, he was told that they don't have red velvet nor the ingredients for it. So, he decided to go to other stores.

"Stray?" a guy asked him as he put the flour in his basket.

"N-No... I have... I have an owner." Jungkook answered, clearing his throat. The guy raised his eyebrows as his eyes drifted to Jungkook's neck. Jungkook noticed it so he zipped up his hoodie to hide his neck.

"Ah. I guess your owner doesn't care about you enough to give you a collar." the guy said looking at the shelves picking up some random items.

"That's not t-true." Jungkook said. The guy just scoffed at that. He then faces Jungkook revealing his odd eye. The guy is a cat hybrid.

"A tag of your owner then?" the cat hybrid asked. Jungkook lowered his head, gripping the shopping basket tightly. He doesn't even have a tag either. The cat hybrid shakes his head.

"You know, it's better to be a stray than to have an owner that doesn't care about you. Your owner will probably abandon you soon so better get ready. Take that advice from a stray himself." the cat hybrid pointed at his neck, showing no collar. He patted Jungkook's shoulder before his figure disappeared from Jungkook's eyes.

Jungkook decided to just ignore him but he can't help thinking about it. He's been with you for a couple of months now and he doesn't have a collar yet. Maybe you're not really going to adopt him, maybe you're just helping him survive. His clouded thoughts were interrupted by the lady at the cashier. When he's done paying for his items, he happily stormed out of the store with a red velvet cake along with the ingredients for baking some sweet pastries and roses in his hands. But when he looked straight to the road, he realized that the place is unfamiliar. He went too far from your house. He ended up getting lost, and he doesn't know the way back.

Jungkook is now soaked because of the heavy storm. He started crying again, chest heaving as he let out a sob. Maybe the cat hybrid was right after all, maybe you didn't care for him that much. It feels like he lost everything as soon as he got it. He doesn't have anything to reach you since he left his phone at your house as he thought that he would not be gone that long, but now here he is. Lost.

He scoffs, regretting that decision.

"Stupid bunny." he murmured.

*•°*•°*•°*

Y/N

You parked your car at your garage as you thought about how you had fun this evening. It was already two a.m. but you didn't mind coming home late. It's like a usual thing to you. You knitted your eyebrows as you saw the lights in your house.

"I didn't leave the lights on though..." you said to yourself. As you open the door you saw someone standing in your living room with his hands resting on the sides of his waist. As soon as his eyes landed on you, you flinched at his high toned voice.

"Yah! What were you thinking?!" Jin said, fuming in frustration as he flicked your forehead.

"Wha–What are you doing here? I thought you're with Namjoon?" you said rubbing your forehead.

"Where the hell have you been? It's already two a.m.!" he scolded you like a mad parent of a rebellious child.

"I was–" your eyes suddenly drifted on the sofa. That's when you saw him, soaking wet with reddened eyes.

"I saw him on the street. What the hell is this kid even doing twenty miles away from your home?!" Jin said while pointing at Jungkook.

"I thought he left–"

"What?! You assumed he left?! Goodness gracious, y/n..." he ran his fingers through his hair in disbelief.

"Next time, don't let him leave all by himself. He's a stray, y/n. What if the hybrid center caught him?! That would be worse! We all know that." he said, lowering his voice so that Jungkook won't hear it.

"I know. I just thought that he left me already." you sighed.

"Oh, sweetie..." Jin cooed as he placed his hands on your arms.

"That kid is too fond of you for him to leave your side. Take care of him... he needs it, and I know you need him too." Jin gave you a warm hug. You thank him for taking Jungkook with him and bringing him home. When he left, you walk towards Jungkook right away.

"Hey..." you started. He didn't say anything back as his eyes are glued to the ground.

"Where have you been? I thought you left..." then again, nothing.

"Jungkook?"

Nothing.

"Jungkook."

Nothing.

"Jungkook plea–"

"You didn't even look for me." he finally said.

His tone was more of a judgment instead of a question

His tone was more of a judgment instead of a question. You felt a sting in your heart as his words went through your ears. His tears fell from his eyes but he quickly wiped it away. You tried to call him again but he cut you off by standing up and storming to his room. You sighed, dropping all your weight on the sofa. You saw the red velvet cake and some baking ingredients on the table. You push away the drenched paper bag, revealing the withered roses underneath it. Jungkook bought it all for you. You pressed your palm on your forehead getting all mad at yourself.

"Why can't I be good for someone even just for once?"

*•°*•°*•°*