Twenty-five: Remember the familiar

*•°*•°*•°*JUNGKOOK

*•°*•°*•°*
JUNGKOOK

"H-Hi." he nervously greeted Miyeon, gripping the bag in his hands tightly. Miyeon looked up to him and instantly threw a smile at him as soon as she recognized him.

"C-Can I s-see y/n?" Jungkook asks.

"Oh yeah sure! Just knock at her office. She just got back from a meeting." Miyeon said. Jungkook thanked her, bowing to her as he turned his heels towards your office. Knocking a few times, he waited patiently for your voice telling him to come in which he immediately heard a few seconds after he knocked.

"Yes—oh. Hi, Jungkook." you stopped midway from stocking your files on your desk when you saw the bunny entering your office.

"I thought it was Miyeon," you mumbled.

"Why are you here? Everything alright?" you added.

"Y-Yes. I just brought you lunch." he said, raising the bag in his hands. A smile creeps on your face.

"Thank you. What is it this time?" you said curiously.

"Nothing fancy. Just pesto chicken pasta." he said pulling the container from the bag and you immediately smelled the savory aroma of it.

"That smells great." you said cheerfully.

"Would you like some water? Or cola?" he asked with a sweet smile.

"Uhmmm... cola would be nice. I'll go get one at the cafeteria." as you were about to stand up, Jungkook stopped you, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Nah, I got it. You eat your lunch already. I'll go get your cola."

"It's okay, I can—" you tried to protest but he already turned around giving you a cheeky smile before he disappeared from your eyes.

He successfully made it to the cafeteria but he was surprised by the long line of employees who are buying food. He pouted knowing that your cola might take a long while to arrive, so he fixed his hair to hide his bunny ears and he immediately got in line. As soon as he got his turn, a salad caught his attention. He thought that you might like it, plus it's healthy, so he decided to buy you one.

"This salad and a cola, please." he said softly. The man immediately prepared the salad in a clear plastic container, then proceeded to grabbing a can of cola.

"Is that all, sir?" the man asked.

Sir.

Such respect that word holds.

"Y-Yes." he stuttered as he felt flattered to be called with respect.

Pulling out his wallet, he paid his order and happily walked out at the cafeteria. Rushing inside the elevator, he presses his lips to a thin line as he waits to arrive at your floor. When he heard the elevator chimed open, his eyebrows crunched together as he smelled a few familiar scents, one belongs to Namjoon and one that he couldn't remember who it belongs to but he knows that scent somewhere. He knew he smelled it before.