Eighteen: Sketch

*•°*•°*•°*
Y/N

Here you are, sitting in Jin's brother's office, Seokjung, to fix Jungkook's adoption papers. Jin informed him beforehand about Jungkook's situation and immediately decided to meet him in his office at the Hybrid Center. You were told that Mistress Choi's case isn't something that can be resolved through a phone call.

"This is actually a tough one. We've been trying to put her behind bars for eight years, but she always slips through our hands." Seokjung said.

"And why is that?" you asked worriedly.

"For someone who got a lot of money by running a club and exporting illegal drugs, you can be invisible even from the law." Worry and fear are visible to you and Jin's eyes which Seokjung quickly noticed.

"But not all odds will be in her favor. We've been collecting all of the evidence of her illegal transactions and mistreatment testimonies of every hybrid that she owned. We just need Jungkook to testify about this so that we can convince the other hybrids that she abused to come up with a testimony too for us to confirm that these are all Mistress Choi's doings, therefore, we can have solid evidences that can put her up in jail." Seokjung explained and you sighed in relief.

"But then again, I should warn you. This is not an easy fight. We've been resolving this for eight years, she can easily bribe anyone to shut their mouths and escape." Jin started to walk around scratching his forehead in frustration.

"So we just need Jungkook to testify, then convince the others to testify too, right?" Jin said.

"Yes. But some of them are too scared to show themselves. She can just trace them and do her worst to them." Seokjung said. You all sighed in disappointment.

"If we can put her behind bars, her ownership to Jungkook will be nullified, then we can put him into adoption on the spot. You can adopt him after that since you have no records of any violation in our files. I will gladly help you in fixing Jungkook's adoption papers and be granted to you." Seokjung smiled.

"I'll try to talk to Jungkook then. I know this will be hard for him to talk about again." you said.

"Just let me know if he's ready to testify, so we can put an action to this as soon as possible."

"I will, thank you so much."

"We really need to work hard on this." Seokjin sighed.

*•°*•°*•°*

Y/N

As you wash the dirty dishes for the night, Jungkook stands beside you while he dries the washed ones with a clean cloth in his hand. You don't know why are you terrified to ask him but you fought through your pounding heart and decided to just say it to him.

"Jungkook?" you started.

"Yes, y/n?" he said, glancing at you with a smile on his face.

"What... What do you think if we fix your adoption papers?" you asked nervously, biting your lower lip. Jungkook froze in his place.

"I mean, Jin's brother can help with your papers, so I could keep you..." you added. He slowly put down the plate and the cloth in his hands. He looked at you, with tears forming in his eyes.

"You—You want to adopt me?" he asked while his lower lip trembles on the verge of crying. You just nodded at him and gave him a smile. He quickly hugged you, his arms wrapping around your frame. Then, you heard a sob.