Maleficent x fem!reader pt2

-

The sun shines hard on your straw hat, Diablo seated nicely on top as an eye catcher. He's a pretty big bird, so as towns people pass your flower cart they can't help but stare. With him and your shiny new ring, you've sold more in the past few hours than you have all last month. Yesterday gave you the same result, as well as the day before that. You'd have to thank the Fae King soon, because the luck you've had recently has secured your house and shop for the next two months. You almost don't have enough flowers to keep up! Almost.

Diablo gave a weak croak and you grinned, reaching into your work apron to fetch a sunflower seed. The raven gently peaked it from your fingers and you watch as the seed shell tumbles to the ground with all the others.

"Gods, Diablo, Maleficent may be be right. At this rate you'll become a pretty chubby bird." Diablo crows indignantly, and goes on to call for another seed. Since you're soft for him, you feed him another as more customers approach.

-

You stumble through knee high grass, Diablo comfortably cuddled in your arms. After such a successful day, you feel the need to thank Maleficent immediately. On your back is pack of homemade treats that Diablo watched you make. It's just simple pastries and fruits, but it would apparently be a good gift in fae culture if you read Diablo's squawks correctly.

You put the raven in your cloak hood when you finally get to the thorn wall. Squeezing your way through is easier this time, especially since you aren't rushing nor feel the need to hide.

When you make it to the other side, you can't help but stare at the scenery once again. The world of magic and creatures is still something that amazes you, and the only way you feel you could get used to it is if you lived here. But that is impossible, and something to dream about later. For now, you need to find Maleficent.

Or he'll just find you.

"And why are you here again so soon, human?" He already sound exasperated and you haven't even spoken to him.

But you grin anway, and watch as he emerges from the towering trees, his tall staff glowing softly in the afternoon sunlight. Diablo flies from you to his staff to perch himself comfortably.

"Your Majesty! I told you that I would repay you. So I brought gifts."

"Gifts..." his voice trails when you squat to the ground and take off your pack. You excited pull out a wrapped plate of cookies and muffins, then you present him with a grain snack your father taught you to make. "I don't know if you guys have these, but they're really good! Especially the recipe my Pops showed me." You continue to present your gifts from your little spot in the grass. You go through everything before you notice that he hasn't said a word to you.

Pausing, you begin to think. Are you being rude? Too friendly? You're just happy things are going so well for you, but you completely forgot that this is the faery that toppled hundreds in the queen's army. He's royalty in your eyes and you must be coming off as disrespectful to someone so important.

Hurriedly putting everything away, you close the pack and hold it out to him, your eyes glued to the ground. "Sorry, I got too excited. Here's my thanks for your aid." He hums, his hand slowly brushing along your when he takes the bag.

"Hm, did Diablo let on to me liking sweets?" A small smile graces his lips. "Of course the bastard is trying to get you to fatten me just like you did him." The raven flaps his wings and snaps at the faery.

Maleficent scans you, his face scrunching at the sight of you bowed. "Stand up. You were so much cuter when you were all excited."

You immediately straighten up, your cheeks growing hot. His compliment sounded more playful than the ones he gave you last time. Maybe he didn't even consider it sincere, because he was no longer looking at you, now reaching for a cookie. He takes a small nimble from it, pausing to taste it, before taking a bigger bite.

"Its... not bad. How surprising."

Part of you is offended that he thought you were a bad cook, another part is thrilled that he likes it.

"And how is that ring treating you? Well, I would hope."

You quickly nod. "Yes! My flowers are selling better than they have in months! Father can finally relax a little and take a breather." Maleficent pops the rest of the cookie in his mouth. He has a curious look on his face, like he's having a hard time processing your words.

"You really care about your father, don't you?"

"Of course! He's all I have." Your grin turns more melancholy at the thought of your absent mother, but you don't dwell on it. "Anyway, I just wanted to deliver that to you and return this." You wiggle off the ring and hold it out.

He takes it, his gaze going between you and it for a moment. Sighing, he holds it back out to you. Confused, you let him drop it back into your hands.

"Keep it." He rubs the bridge of his nose, "I haven't used the thing in years anyway."

You gape. "Huh? But I'm fine for now! You can have it back!"

"I said keep it, didn't I? If you needed it once, surely you'll need it again. Keep it."

"But your Majesty-"

He rolls his eyes before snatching up your left wrist. A heat creeps up your neck when he gently slides it onto your ring finger. He waves his hand over it, a green magic misting over your hand. Something changes. When you have your hand back you find that you can't remove the ring.

"You... I can't take it off!"

"Good. Now as long as you keep that, I expect you to keep bringing me these," he shakes the basket of food, "as thanks." He side steps behind you and gives you a light push. "Now it's time for you to go because I'm quite bored of this conversation."

"Huh?"

He walks you all the way to the thorn wall where some of the vines begin to pull back, makes a clear path for you to walk. "Good bye now." The vines wrap around your wrists and ankles and lift out of there. You don't even get to say goodbye before the hole closes and you dropping to land on the other side of the wall.

-

Is this slow burn? I guess. They'll get closer I think, but I feel like Maleficent just has a hard time taking reader seriously.

Also not edited 🕺🏽 oh lala