Male Malifecent x Fem!Reader

"We aren't going to be able to pay this month." Father's brows furrowed, his fingers counting the coins over again like he'd get a different result. I watch quietly from the stairs, knowing full well that this is a scene he wouldn't want me to see. Father has been working hard at his floral shop all season, but flowers just haven't been in high demand as of late. This season's soil hasn't been the best either, so the town's focused their money on they own plants and ensuring they grow.

"Damn it all." I curse to myself. There's no way I'll let him continue to worry by himself any longer. Tip toeing back up stairs, I go to my room to gather a basket and supplies. Ingredients from the other side of the wall have been in high demand as of late. Before the fae King had divided his people and the humans, the two groups used to trade. Most of the magic items that humans possess now have come from them. But now those items are scarce because of the dangers that come from crossing the thorn wall.

But the money you'd get from bringing back even the smallest of enchanted anything would set the both of you up for months.

You grab your olive green cloak and secure it over your shoulders. With your basket in hand and a blade secured to your hip, you lock your bedroom door and unlatch your window. Right below you in a cart of hay used to feed your house. You take a leap of faith and drop into the straw. Your horse, Pansy, huffs and pulls back from the cart.

"Sorry Pansy, but I need to borrow you real quick, okay?" You whisper as if your father was right behind you. You're fear is real, the last thing you want is for him worry too much about you, much less stop you from going.

Pansy cooperates when you climb onto her back. You both take off into the night. For a moment, you revel in the feeling of the cool air blowing against your face, the full moon's light making you look like a formidable beast against the grass. You'll need some confidence in yourself where you're going, because hesitating may cost your life once you're beyond the wall.

The dark thorns come into view, the moon now being overtaken by an unnatural cluster of clouds. Pansy stops a few feet away, her natural senses telling her this is the closest she can safely get. I hop off and walk through the tall grass. The thorns are big and have just enough space that if I just...

I squeeze between two spikes successfully. Stilling for just a moment, I wait for some sort of offensive reaction. Nothing happens. Grinning like a fool I start to shimmy and shuffle through, only suffering a few scratches before I stumble to the ground on the other side.

"Woah..." looking up, I'm taken by the bioluminescence of the environment. Bugs glow, their light reflecting off the shiny surface of the clear ponds. The moon looks bigger here, near close enough to kiss the earth goodnight. A few deer graze on grass, their size nothing like I've seen before. "This is... this is..." I shut my mouth when I hear a voice in the distance. I slink back behind a rather large torn and cover my head with my hood.

"I swear I could sense them right here. Diablo, search the area." I watch as a raven soars from my west. I swear on the fae and the queen herself that we make eye contact. However the bird doesn't so much as crow, simply passing by me to search elsewhere. The person is closer now. So close that I can hear their footsteps. "Dastardly things, humans are." The stranger mutters. "Where are you? Where are you, human?" His voice is almost sing-song.

My face heats up as my anxiety spikes at the sight of him. Maleficent, the Fae King himself. Why he is one the prowl for just one insignificant human like yourself is unknown to you. Hell, I'd imagine he has hundreds of fae guards and servant to do the job for him. Unless the town rumors were wrong. But that didn't matter much now, what matters is not getting noticed by him.

His high heeled boots stop right in front me, his staff glowing brighter than it had before. "Where..." he looks around; up in the treetops, down at the clear ponds, "are..." his eyes land on the high levels of the thorns, his sight slowing lowering until he makes eyecontact with me, "you."

I try to jerk away, but he snatches me up first by the back of my cloak. I yelp when he holds me up to eye level. He tilts his head and I watch in horror when he frowns. "And just do you think you're doing, human?" Tears already gather in my eyes but I try to blink them away. My voice shakes when I speak, "I-I-I'm sorry," I sound pathetic when I whimper out the apology. "I just... We just..." I sniff. Maleficent rolls his eyes and drops me. I fall to my feet and try to keep from bolting out of here.

"Speak up. You're mumbling."

I nod, my hand going to grip the clothe of my cloak. "I wanted to pi-pick some flowers, or-or catch a bug so I could make some money." I don't want to even bother lying to this man. He's far too intimidating to try that on and I'm too scared to come up with anything convincing. Maleficent chuckles and I flinch when his fingers come to trace the rim of my hood. "You want money, so you came to my home to steal our things and sell them to others. How selfish."

Now the tears are really coming. How embarrassing, I now realized. I don't even know why I thought this would work. If the hundreds of knights and witches that have tried to make it here failed, why would I?

"You're right," I sniff and wipe at my eyes, "I shouldn't have done this. I just don't want to see my dad sad anymore. Can I go home now? Please?"

Maleficent pulls his hand away. He doesn't say anything for a long moment, so long that I look up to see what's wrong. His brows are furrowed, his hand suspended in mid air like he's caught in a shock. "That easy?" He almost whispers to himself.

"Huh?" I gape.

Before he can answer Diablo sweeps back towards the two of you. He hovers for just a second before landing on my head. I flinch when he does, but I'm used to it. I'm used to it.

I hold my gasp when it registers that this is the same raven I feed sunflower seeds every morning. The same dumb raven that likes to land on my head rather than my shoulder or arm. Diablo caws loudly before rubbing his forehead against mine with affection. He caws once more at the Fae King.

The faery scoffs. "Really? This is her?" Diablo squaks and bobs his head. Maleficent sizes you up before sighing. "So it seem you aren't... terrible." He says that like its acid on his tongue.

"Huh?" I gape dumbly once again.

"Diablo says you're rather kind and sweet and make good roasted cornseeds. And that I shouldn't kick you out or kill you." Again, it looks like it physically pains him to compliment me, but I'll take what I can get. To my surprise, he starts to wiggle off one of his rings. "Here, girl." I hold out my hands and he drops the jewelry in my palms. It's rather chunky, a big pink gem embedded in the center with the fae's language carved around it. "Wear it and it should do something for your luck. I'd rather you have that than go homeless and die. Then Diablo won't have anywhere to get his snacks from." Diablo stamps on my head in anger.

"Oh shut up, you're getting fat anyway." Maleficent retorts.

I barely process what they say, my mind hyper focused on the ring in my hands. "Thank you." I smile and hold it to my chest.

"Hm?"

I look up him, tears of happiness and excitment now pricking the corners of my eyes. "Thank you, Maleficent!" I slip the ring onto my left ring finger. He stares for a moment, a quiet "oh" slipping from his lips. I turn on my heels, Diablo still clinging to me as I start to climb back through the thorns.

"I won't forget this! I'll pay you back someday!" I call to him and wave.

The corners of his lips quirk up for just a moment before they fall again. He waves and shouts back, "You better, human!"

-
Thinking about starting a monster boyfriend book because I'm a degenerate. But a lot of people have also requested that I make longer versions of a lot of these stories. I might to both idk.

Anyway enjoy this drabble. I wrote it while I was pooping. It's not edited obviously. Yall be easy