Chapter 12

Riley POV
The darker haired boy on the left was practically jumping up and down when I came around the corner. "Is that her? Peter? It's her isn't it?" "Yes, dude, now calm down. Don't scare her off before you meet her." Tony walks up to me, putting a hand on my back. He led me forward to Peter and the other one, who was still jumping up and down. Peter shakes my hand. "Good to see you again, Peter." "It's great to see you again, too. Oh, um, this is Ned. He's been dying to meet you." He said when Ned nudged him several times in the ribs. "I see. Well, it's nice to meet you, Ned. My name's Riley. Riley Barnes." "Riley... Barnes? As in Bucky Barnes? So cool." Ned said as he pushed Peter out of the way to shake Riley's hand. Riley smiled a little, shaking his hand. When he let go, Peter spoke up again. "You remembered your name. You're related to Mr. Barnes?" "Oh, uh, yeah. He's my older brother actually." Peter went a bit pale when Riley said this. "O-older brother?" "Yes, why?" "Oh, uh, no reason, I guess."
‐---------------------------------------- six hours later
Ner and Peter spent the last such hours teaching Riley about video games and making her watch Star Wars with them. Riley seemed to thoroughly enjoy it all, from Peter's point of view. When he mentioned it to Ned, he said he was to busy trying to figure out how Riley's automaton body worked. Eventually, Tony walked in as the current Star Wars they were all watching ended. "Okay kid. You and your buddy have to go, since you have school tomorrow. Riley needs some sleep too." Peter nods, and stands. Everyone says their goodbyes and Ned is the saddest to leave. Riley walks then to the door. "Well, I'll see you guys soon then." "Yeah, uh, maybe you can talk to Mr. Stark and ask if you can go to school. That way, you can see Hed and me everyday." "That's a good idea, Pete! I'll definitely have to ask. See you guys around. Bye Ned." Ned and Peter leave the building, and Happy drives them to Peter's place. "Dude, I think she likes you." Ned said, smirking at Peter. "No man, she doesn't. Who would like me?" "Well, MJ did for a while." Peter whirled around to look at him. "Don't mention MJ, man. You know not too." "I'm sorry Peter. I didn't mean to upset you man." "It's fine man. No bromance moments, okay?" Ned laughs but doesn't say anything. Meanwhile, Riley walked down to Tony's lab. She knocked on the door, and it slid open. "Hey kiddo, what's up?" "I uh, I was wondering, if maybe, I could start at the high school with Ned and Peter." "What?"