Chapter 5

Riley P.O.V.
"Who are you? Where am I?" "Hey, it's okay. We're not going to hurt you. You're in the Avengers Tower." "Avengers?" "We're super heroes." "Wait. I know you. I saw you. You crashed the base I was in. Right before I went under, you freed the hostages. I remember hating you." "Why?" "You didn't come back for me. Did you really not see me? I was in one of the cages. The man you came for, we talked. I helped him through the pain, and he helped me. Then he left, and I was alone. You took him." "I'm so sorry. I would have taken you with us if I'd seen you, or if someone told me that you were there." I had no idea why I was saying any of this. Or how I was remembering any of this when I couldn't even remember my own name. What's wrong with me?! These people are complete strangers.
I had no reason to trust them. So I just stopped talking. "Hey, you okay?" A man with dark skin looked at me. Someone had called him Sam. I looked at him, and decided I couldn't trust any of them. Especially the one with blond hair. But maybe I could trust the one with the metal arm. So I decided to ask for names. "Who are you? Really?" "A man with a glowy thing on his chest looked at me. "I'm Tony Stark, that one over there is Sam, Rhodes, Clint, Steve, Bucky, Natasha, Wanda, Thor, Loki, and we have Vision over there, and Peter, but he's not here." He pointed to each of the people standing in the room. There were quite a few, now that I look. I was suddenly aware of how many weapons were here. I could sense where they were, even if I couldn't see them. Must've been an upgrade in the body. Every one had at least one weapon on them. Others had several. Tony had one, but I couldn't tell what it was. I scooted to the wall subconsciously, and everyone was on guard in a second. One man, Tony called him Clint, walked over slowly, with his hands up. He also had several weapons. Mostly knives, but there were a few guns, strapped here and there, out of sight. I stood from by sitting position by the wall, to meet him. I held out my hand as if in greeting, and he shook it. As he was doing so, I silently took every weapon he had, dropping it on the floor. When I was done, he just stood there shocked. "How did you even know where half of those were? They can pass metal detectors, and yet, just how?" "I don't know. I just knew where they were." He backed up, and began to put his weapons back. Tony's  phone rang, and he picked it up. I heard a partial conversation. "Hey Mr. Stark." "Hey kid."" Can I come the Tower?" "Yeah sure, kid. Meet us in the lab. You can swing in from the window. Top floor. Be careful. We have a guest." "Sure thing Mr. Stark."
(Le time skip)
A blue and red clad boy swung in from the window. "Uh... hey guys." He seemed nervous, and by the pitch of his voice, he was my age, 17. "Hey kid. Take off your mask and say hi. She might warm up to you." They were talking quietly, and nearly 50 feet away, but I could hear them fine. My new body is totally loaded. "Okay Mr. Stark. Is she a meta human or...?" "Ask her yourself." "Right." He walked over to me, and slid off his mask. Underneath, was the cutest guy I've ever seen.