Chapter 13

Riley P.O.V
"What?" "I want to go to school, with Ned and Peter. I want to make friends." "I'm sorry kid, but no." Riley feels something she hasn't felt in a while. Sadness. "Why?" She asks, in a broken tone. "You aren't like them kid. You are ninety percent metal. And most of it can be seen. I'm sorry kid, but you can't. Bruce and I will tutor you in what we can, Pepper will do everything else." Riley nodded her head slowly, the wheels in her head already turning. "Can I use the fifth floor lab?" "Uh, sure, just don't break anything kid." Riley ran out of the room, shouting a 'yeah, whatever' behind her. When she got up to the fifth floor, she gathered everything she thought she needed. She worked through the night, and through most of the day. Jarvis continually told her to get rest, but she ignored him. At one point, Steve came in. He set down a plate of food for her and a cup of coffee. "I don't need any of that, but thanks." She said. "I swear, you spend too much time around Stark. He does the same thing. Stays up for hours." Steve chuckled at her. She smiled back at him. Bucky came in as well, several hours later. He tried to get Riley to sleep, but she punched him in the face and told him to leave her be. No one bothered her after that. Finally, after three sleep depriving days, she had her finished product. A suit. She put it on and went to show everyone. The suit was a type of material made to look, feel, and act like normal skin. It would adjust to her size, and it would match her skin tone. If she was out in the sun too long it would burn, and it would get goosebumps if she was cold. Underneath all of it was a very thin layer of "blood vessels" and "veins". If she got cut, she would bleed. If you felt the skin, it was warm and had a pulse. She could finally be human. There was hair on the arms, and they stood up in the cold. Her new skin acted like a normal organ. She walked out in her new skin, with a tank top and shorts on of course. Looking at herself in one of the hallway mirrors, she was thrilled at how human she looked. She quietly walked into the living room where everyone was sitting. At once, everyone turned to her. "Woah, Riles. What exactly were you working on in there?" Bucky looked at her in amazement.