loud

Loud. It was loud. Thier voices were muffled, but he could still hear them from the other room. Gray could only hide, his little hands covering his ears, attempting to ignore their voices. But it was no use. Gray would've gotten used to it by now.

This wasn't the first time his parents were having an argument. And each time, his father would te him to go to his room and cover his ears. It had always been like this. Gray's mother and father, arguing because of him. His father understood him, but his mother was the complete opposite.

Gray never knew why. He always excelled in classes, so why does his mother not like him? Was it because he's a boy? Gray never chose to be a boy, so why was he suffering such consequences!?

It's not his fault, and it will never be his fault.

The door to his room was swung open. His head shot back up, his eyes looking at the direction of the door, only to be met by his father. He walked closer to Gray. With each step, Gray tried to back off.

Then, he was met by arms, wrapped around his tiny build.

"You're alright. Everything's alright," his father said, hugging Gray tightly in his arms. Gray noticed that his hold wasn't painful. It was..warm. Unlike his mother. His mother's hold had always been suffocating.

"Go to sleep now, alright? I'll go and talk to your mother," Gray nodded. His father smiled at him. Behind him, Gray could see his mother, looking at them, with what seemed to be coldness in her eyes.

His father left the room, not without tucking Gray securely in his bed. Not without reassuring words said to Gray.

As he smiled one last time, before closing the door and slammed it shut, the voices continued.

Gray sighed. He closed his eyes, trying to sleep. To escape reality, well temporarily.

---

after a comedic story i give y'all this

i just got some different vibes from gray's mom so this came into minf