crown

Donald entered the room, which was his office. An assembly was held that day. Donald wore a crown, its gold color shining as it reflected the light of the fluorescent light bulbs attached to the ceiling. Donald and Kingsley bought them at a market sale.

Donald sat down on his chair, his back straight, his chin raised up. Eyes showing dominance, saying that he's the one to be followed, with no other person higher than his place.

The other guys in the room stared at Donald. Intimidated yet confused by his attire.

“Why are you wearing a crown?”

“Who said that you have the authority to question my attire?” Donald asked. To Jimmy, it was as if he's being threatened, his life depended on his answer. Jimmy sunk on his chair in fear, his gaze averted as his hands started to tremble.

“A mere servant, more of a peasant, shouldn't even dare to raise you head when I'm in presence,” Donald's statement left the room's air to be quiet, tense, suffocating.

They all stared at him. Donald felt their eyes from the very beginning. His eyes ended up at Forrest. Donald could see the guy flinch as their eyes met.

“Before we start this meeting, does anyone have something to say?”

“Nice crown..?” Jake spoke up. The others looked at Jake, their face saying, "what the fuck, Jake. Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

“You like my crown? Gee, thanks. Just bought it.. with your school funds,”

...

“Donald, did you spend the school funds on unnecessary things again?” Kingsley asked. Donald gasped, seeming to be offended by the latter's statement.

“What do you mean unnecessary?”

“It's not needed,”

“A crown. A crown is necessity for a king!”

“You're a leader of a Union where its members are high schoolers,” said Kingsley. “High schoolers who smoke, who drinks and fights for stupid reasons,”

“..You're not wrong..”

---

good day or night everyone 😩😩