Chapter 11

The rest of the day went by in a quick second. I was sad that I didn’t see Hojoon at all again, not even Hansol. Taking note of their missing presence, the gifts that they gave me were starting to falter again, but just slightly. Saturday morning I got a surprise breakfast that was waiting for me on my vanity; that only meant one thing. Sue must’ve dropped it off while I was still asleep. Immediately I found myself gulping the whole thing down. I remembered that I didn’t have anything that much the other day because of what I found out about P-Goon and Hojoon. It made me sick to my stomach to think that Hojoon was hurting himself. And it was all because of P-Goon. After taking a shower and getting back into comfortable clothes again, the secret passage way seemed like it was beckoning me to explore it again. But I forced myself to wait until it was the right time again. I had to make sure to keep the closet door closed in my bathroom whenever P-Goon made a visit. I wouldn’t want him to find out that I have a secret passage that leads to their little meeting place.

            The rest of the day went normal; every now and then I would go on my laptop and search random facts about the Zodiac. It’s funny how everything that is said about the signs is actually true…from personality to Elements, it all fit. But...I wanted to know more. Even though I read from the diary, my unanswered questions itched in the back of my mind, like it was begging to be answered. I had to force them back to prevent me to steal the diary again. Well, more like borrow. I was on information about Aries when I heard a knock on my door. My head popped up at the sudden sound. The clock said that it was almost time for lunch, but it was a weekend…aren’t we allowed to go places now?

            “Come in!” I said not looking away from my laptop.

            “Ok, I’ll let you in,” I heard Sue’s voice from outside the hallway.

            “You got to promise me that you won’t tell.” Hojoon’s voice came loud and clear in my ears. I pushed my laptop aside and slowly walked to see Sue outside the door looking around carefully.

            “I promise. Now, remember what I told you.” She whispered.

            Hojoon nodded, closing the door. I didn’t want to seem like I was creeping on the two of them, although I would like to know what they were whispering to each other about. Instead I smiled once he turned around and a warm smile appeared on his face.

            “Hello, stranger.” I couldn’t keep my big smile off my face as he came over and embraced me into a warm hug. The shirt he was wearing was a black short sleeve shirt and it hugged his muscles in all the right places. Hojoon’s hair was a bit messy, but it was a neat sort of messy, as if he woke out of bed and ran his fingers through his hair. Another thing that I noticed was his glasses. They were gone and I was confused as to where they could be. But I decided to let that go as he let me go as we sat on my bed. He sat the end while I leaned my back against the pillows and continued to save pages that consisted of the Zodiac.

            “So,” I said, making his head pop up. Hojoon was silently tracing the outlines of the patterns on my bed sheets, and when he missed a curve, his facial expression saddened. “What were you and Sue talking about?”

            Hojoon sat up and scratched the back of his head. I tried to hide my blush by ducking my head down below the laptop. “Well, that’s the thing I came here today. I came here to give you news.”

            I closed the laptop and moved it to my nightstand. Scooting closer to Hojoon’s spot, I rolled my eyes and dropped my head. “Let me guess...P-Goon sent you here to give me news?”

            Hojoon shook his head, his facial expression serious. “No, completely the opposite, really. At the meeting last night, when we were discussing new rules about…well you, he had the rules to make it so that you wouldn’t…” he paused a moment before giving a sigh. “See us.”