Chapter 12

First period was hell. But what made up for it was that Mr. Edwards cancelled the presentations on the papers that were due with our desk partner, or otherwise known as Yano, for my partner at least. But that didn’t mean that the rest of the class went swimmingly. During the middle of it, Jenissi came into the room, practically embarrassing me by standing next to my desk for the rest of the class. I saw Hansol give him the finger secretly when we had to write another paragraph of what we learned in class. Today was about an Krug.

As I was writing my paragraph, I could feel Jenissi lean down over my shoulder and take a peek at what I was writing down.

“Do you mind?” I whispered, knowing that Mr. Edwards didn’t like noise at all in his classroom.

“Shouldn’t the question be the other way around?” A small smirk came on his face.

I rolled my eyes and put my pencil down, turning towards Jenissi. “Alright, if we are going to play that game, then yes. Yes, I do mind. How would you like it if someone was watching your every move?”

The bell rang and Mr. Edwards excused the class. Yano and A-Tom waited for Hansol at the door. Something was different…they weren’t even flirting with the girls that passed them. Instead they were watching me with worried looks. I tried to give them a sign that I was trying to handle it as best as I can, but they were still watching me. Hansol met them at the door, but before I could see his expression, Jenissi made me turn towards him again.

“Just so we’re clear,” Jenissi glared, “I had P-Goon watch my every move when he had to learn how to become leader. But did I have a say in it? No. You know why? Because it was my job to make sure that he was watching.”

“With his attitude, I bet that was a walk in the park,” I rolled my eyes as we entered the hallway. For the first time, I saw the girl’s bathroom and Hansol was near the door, talking to Yano and A-Tom. A sudden thought came to my mind. I turned towards Jenissi and started to hand him my books.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

“A girl has to go to the bathroom, if you don’t mind.” I nodded towards the books. Jenissi groaned, leaning against the corner of the hallway.

“Just be quick about it.” I nodded as I headed towards the door. Yano and A-Tom saw me, but I quickly shook my head, giving them a signal for them to ignore me. They weren’t the ones that I had to talk to right now. I entered the bathroom, Hansol was completely oblivious to the fact that I was even there. That couldn’t be right, because I had to be at least in his peripheral vision. Luckily the bathroom was empty, there was only one way to talk to Hansol one on one. I quickly opened the door, dragging Hansol in the girl’s bathroom.

“Trinity, what the he-” But I shushed him by putting my ear to the door; I didn’t hear any footsteps running towards us. He must’ve missed us, or A-Tom and Yano covered for us. I turned towards Hansol, who looked super embarrassed to be in the girl’s room. I had to cover my laugh at his expression. “Would you like to explain why you dragged me here?!”

“Would you keep your voice down?” I whispered. “Anyway, I’m actually surprised that you’re embarrassed to be in here…I would expect you to be…used to it?”

Hansol smirked as a light laugh escaped his lips. “You really think so?”

Well it wasn’t the first time that I thought he would come in the bathroom with his girlfriends in the past to do a little…communication. When I didn’t answer, his expression hardened. He came closer to me, almost casting a shadow over me.

“Alright, enough with the games.” This was the first time I ever saw him…well, not himself. “Why did you bring me in here?”

Funny…I didn’t think I’d get this far. I only have at least one minute before we have to leave and head off to the next class. My mind went blank trying to think of my original question. Hansol’s eyebrow went up in a questioning expression when I didn’t say anything. I’m not going to lie, with his eyes expressed in question and a little smirk appearing on his face, it made me lose my train of thought even more.