Chapter 13

My clock necklace was in the same place where I last left it. Behind the door, the lights leading down the staircase were lit. What made me confused is how they light up? Maybe one of the Fire wielding Original’s made it that whenever someone entered the entrance, they would light up. I had a hunch that this was Clara’s way of escape to their hideout.

I got to the door, but stopped short in my tracks when I saw P-Goon and Jenissi already sitting at the Odilem. Ducking low behind the little windows, I leaned against the railing, trying not to look down at the ground below. Although it wasn’t that far of a fall, it still made me nervous. I was lucky enough not to put my ear by the door because both of their voices echoed out from behind the door.

“Now before we get to my subject… Would you like to explain to me what happened in third period?” Jenissi’s voice was stern, and it felt like he was going to give him a speech. “You just panicked about something and left with Trinity. Although I understand why you would bring her with you.”

“It’s true that I panicked.” P-Goon sighed and I could tell he answered as if he wasn’t sure that he wanted to admit it.

Remember, P-Goon, you are strong.

“But the reason we’re here isn’t about me.”

“Avoiding the subject?” There was a tone of disappointment in Jenissi’s voice.

“I’d rather just manage what is going on with me on my own.” P-Goon was straight forward with his statement.

“Now, P-Goon, I understand that you want to do things on your own, but sometimes leader’s need a little help here and there.”

“I don’t want it!” I jumped a bit when P-Goon’s voice boomed and echoed around the walls. Taking a peek inside the room, I saw P-Goon standing up with his chair lying on the floor. Jenissi, who was taking this situation quite calmly, looked up at him and nodded. “Sorry.” P-Goon picked up his chair and sat back down, putting a hand to his forehead. “It’s just that I…someone told me that I’m…you know what nevermind.”

A little smile came across my face. So he did hear what I told him. Well, maybe my words not just helped him, but also helped our relationship. Jenissi nodded and held up his hands.

“Ok, you want to do it on your own, and I understand.” It was still weird seeing Jenissi, the oldest in the group and was-to-be leader, listen to and guide P-Goon throughout leadership. “Now, you’re wondering why I brought you here. Well, first things first. We have to talk about the girl.”

“What about her?” P-Goon asked.

“Well, for one thing, she’s awfully powerful. What she did this morning at practice with you, I can tell you, wasn’t forced.”

“How do you know for certain?” P-Goon asked. “I saw it in her eyes when she was concentrating. She was trying to force her powers. Trinity wanted to prove me wrong. I was thinking that she was weak and that she couldn’t do it.”

“So you admit it?” Jenissi took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn’t believe what P-Goon just said.

“No,” and there goes my happiness. “I admit that what she did was wrong by having her force herself to do that.”

It took all of my strength not to burst through that door and argue with him that I didn’t do it by force. But I forced that feeling down and continued to listen.

“But,” Jenissi shot his head up from P-Goon’s sudden change. “I can tell that she is a Libra for sure.”

“And how do you know that?”