Chapter 9

The room I was in was wide with windows that shined light brighter than the sun. I still managed to see perfectly despite the light. There seemed to be nothing in the room except a big table in the middle with chairs surrounding it. Where was I? Was I in the Academy? Checking my surroundings to make sure that I was alone, I went towards the table and saw that the table wasn’t an actual table… It had the legs of one, but the top was that of a clock, each Roman numeral was raised from the top. The hands were in two different places and the closer I got to it, the stronger the atmosphere became; almost as if gravity was pushing me back from it. I counted the chairs and found out that there were thirteen.

I tried to walk more towards the table, but something wouldn’t let me. Pushing my feet forward, the force just pushed me back.

“How am I going to get closer to it?” I asked out loud, but my voice didn’t echo.

I heard a door open from somewhere in the room and I saw a girl running out of it, coming towards the table. Her uniform was different than ours; she had a more elegant gown than the regular skirt. The short sleeved royal blue dress ran down to the top of her ankles and a bright golden clock that was for the uniforms was not a stitch, but an actual pin. It settled right in the middle below her collar. Her brown hair was in a bun, but it was slowly falling out, her bangs hanging low over her eyes.

“Ah, these damn bangs might as well just cut them off,” she whispered as she went right towards the table and doing some movements of her hands, the top of the table lit up and above it showed little white dots, lines going back and forth as if they were a part of connect the dots. “Come on, don’t fail me now.”

The dots above were circling slowly over the table, but then one of them in the middle began to shake, making everything floating above it stop in motion and one by one the little dots started to fall towards the surface, each one disappearing in a little smoke cloud. Only several remained floating as it connected to the now red dot and before I could see what the dots created, the girl in front of me put her hands in her hair, frustrated, as she backed away from it shaking her head.

“No…this, this can’t be right. It’s a myth! A MYTH!” She shrieked. “But what I saw… No. Ovan didn’t find anyone on the missions!”

“Excuse me, but who are you?” I asked, but she didn’t seem to hear me as footsteps were heard behind me.

“Of course he won’t find them…” A voice called out and I turned around to see a boy about the age of 20 standing at the bottom of a huge staircase. I couldn’t see what was at the top only because more bright light shined from it. “He will never find them.”

“What are you doing…” The girl whispered.

It felt like we were playing monkey in the middle and I was the monkey. I was standing right in front of them, why didn’t they see me? This was a dream…my dream. I could control it, right? But when I wanted to be noticed, that action didn’t seem to work. The boy came in the light; his royal blue pants and matching long sleeve top just like the others had made me know what part of group he was a part of. But the thing that was missing was his clock stitch…er, pin. His black hair was a bit messy, but in the neatest way, and his blue eyes stood out, but there was no denying that he was sinister with that little smirk on his face.

“You know…you’re not really supposed to be down here.” He said.

“Says who?” The girl asked. “Last time I checked I play an important part in the group, too!”

I looked back at the girl, but I couldn’t see anything past her face except for her hair. Why couldn’t I see what she looked like? But her personality seemed a bit too familiar… “You’re…you’re just like me… Clara?”