𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

𑁍┊사랑병 ˎˊ˗

( ix. a special girl )

barbara is a very hardworking girl. somehow, despite the fact that fans stop her wherever she goes, uploads covers weekly, and is almost always livestreaming with xinyan, she still flourishes in school. she is at the top of her class, almost all the time. barbara loves to sing, yes, similar to xinyan, music is her passion. but barbara really dreams of becoming a nurse one day.

bennett had inspired this. the first time they'd met, bennett and barbara were both almost late to the first day of their high school, a private school called teyvat high. the unlucky fellow, who had been running faster than the speed of light, had somehow slipped onto the jagged concrete, scraping his elbow— which was honestly, quite a funny sight. a group of kids hanging out front, had snakily laughed at him, much to his dismay. bennett sighed and cursed his horrible luck. what were the chances of embarrassingly falling at teyvat high's front steps, in front of what looked like some cool kids? it was hopeless to even think he'd make any friends.

until barbara had come along.

"are you okay," she asked with a soft expression, "that looked like it really hurt! here i have some bandages in my backpack, let's get you cleaned up."

so, instead of going to their first period class that day, barbara had spent that time patching up bennett's wounds.

"hey you don't have to do this, yknow! i'll be okay! i'm used to getting hurt and stuff," said the blonde boy, in a high voice. they were sitting on a ledge right by the entrance, slightly hidden by a few teensy shrubs scattered here and there.

barbara had shaken her head, with a small laugh. "and i'm used to cleaning wounds and stuff," she unwrapped an alcohol pad, "this might sting a little, so close your eyes and pretend you're doing your favorite thing!"

the other blonde winced at the burning sensation of an alcohol pad on his fresh wound, but he did find himself doing as barbara said.

"okay, all done," she smiled cheerily, finally applying a bandage, "you should be more careful next time! i'm barbara."

"o-oh! thank you so much— i don't know what i could ever do to repay you— i mean people don't talk to me much— sorry i'm rambling! name's bennett!! it's super nice to meet you! so... you just carry a first aid kit around wherever you go?"

barbara smiled again. "yup!"

"wow, that's actually a good idea! you should be a nurse!"