𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

𑁍┊사랑병 ˎˊ˗

( xxxii. one taught me patience )

he looked almost shy, standing there in the doorway— the boy razor had antagonized that night. he never bothered to ask about his name, all he knew was that he was making his bennett uncomfortable and it made him angry.

"razor, honey, it seems blondes have a thing for you," lisa whispered with a light chuckle,
razor flushed red out of mere embarrassment and grumbled quite loudly.

"i'm guessing you two have some... things to talk about according to my deductions, so i'll leave you two to it," she then said, before heading back into backyard with the dogs.

"hey, razor, right?" aether said carefully, "i know we're not on the best of terms right now— but can you please give me a chance—"

"who even are you?" he said, yet it came out as more of a statement than a question, "and why are you here.. my house?" razor's eyes narrowed and aether felt like a deer in headlights.

"i'm aether," he said, sighing, "and barbara gave me your address. look, there's something important i need to tell you. but before i do that, i wanna say i'm sorry— and i—"

"come outside. walk and talk," said the grey-haired boy, "...aether."

aether raised his finger to speak, but then held his breath, nodding his head and complying.

he told him everything. the plan— xingqiu's idea, venti's skillful aim at spin the bottle, and how he was instructed to flirt with bennett. no detail was left out. razor noticed how well aether was at relaying information— he considered that aether could be lying, but there was no way aether would lie about something so elaborate.

if barbara was involved, then it had to have been truthful. he knew that no harm was meant to be done. and now he knew that he was supposed to walk out of that party with bennett sleeping on his shoulder and holding his arm in the backseat of xinyan's car.

"i see," razor said, "i'm sorry.. was mean to you. didn't know."

"and you weren't supposed to know," aether replied, "at least not for a long time... my sister and i don't live too close so, it wasn't like we were going to see each other again."

the wolf-like boy tilted his head and stopped walking. "you came... all this way... to apologize?"

the blonde nodded his head, a few of his stray locks rattled in the breeze. "...too much?"

"no," he said, "you are good. i misjudge you."

"you're good, too, razor."

"me and bennett.. not on best terms.. my fault. kissed him in closet. that why he is mad."

"that's what happened in there?! mad because you kissed him," aether asked, quirking a golden brow, "that doesn't make sense. he likes you, dude."

"ugh, that's what my little sister say. but is wrong, bennett hate me," razor violently shook his head.

"no, razor, he actually likes you, barbara has literal hard evidence he does and he's just— he's just scared."

"scared?"

"scared."

silence. hard evidence? what could that mean? razor decided not to question it.

"razor," aether said, puffing his reddened cheeks, "think about it. bennett's unlucky as all hell. of course he'd be scared to actually start a relationship with you. it's too good to be true in his eyes. i'm good at reading people y'know. you gotta trust me."

scared. razor didn't consider that possibility. he must've scared him. he had gotten so excited about being so close to bennett that he completely forgot that he must've felt intimidated or rushed.

scared.

"i... never thought of it that way," razor said slowly.

"whoa," aether replied quickly.

"what?"

"it's just, that sentence was perfect! barbara told me you're german so it's hard for you to talk in english but that sentence you just said was really good!"

the wolf-like boy smiled. an unlikely friendship indeed was blossoming. "thank you. try my best."

"i try my best," aether corrected with a lovely grin.

"oh— i try my best."

razor and aether walked around for a little bit, in a silence unknown to them. there were only the sounds of crickets and the faint cawing of crows— perhaps a motorcycle revving here and there. they came full circle around the block, and stopped in front of razor's house.

"aether, what should i do," razor asked, after a pause. the sun was beginning to come to earth, and razor was getting a little tired.

without hesitation, aether replied, "wait."

-

a/n:
AND IM GEEETTTING PRETTY FUCKING TIRED

if y'all saw a user commenting on every rannett post on pinterest uhm what that's totally not me nonono

qotd:
now actually think about this one okay

if you had to bring any two genshin characters to this world, who would you bring?

my answer:
as much as i love my benny and my razor... imma have to take sucrose and albedo to the real world

because i would love to see how they react to how far we've come in the science world. i am also a fat nerd and a biology major so i would love to talk to them ‼️‼️

maybe i'll take xingqiu actually id love to read books with him and discuss the things we've read maybe he'd even read my fanfics

yea actually imma go with sucrose and xingqiu ‼️‼️