𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

𑁍┊사랑병 ˎˊ˗

( xxvii. mr. brightside )

tw: mild one-sided/ non-reciprocated flirting, mini argument

bennettslifesucks

notification (1)

notaether has followed you!

-

"so, you have a twin sister?"

"yep, people think she's cuter than me. she's here but i left her when she told me she's here to look for cute girls," aether replied to the shorter, snowy-haired blonde, who he had taken a liking to. bennett only laughed, hardly audible over the blasting music.

"first time at a party, bennett?"

"yup! how'd you know?"

"you had the vibe," the golden-haired fellow said, chugging whatever was in that red solo cup of his, "by the way, venti's probably call some people to play spin the bottle soon. you gonna join me?"

spin the bottle... bennett never played— his cheeks had immediately flushed red, and aether laughed cutely.

"bennett, you blush so easily," the taller blonde playfully nudged his shoulder, making bennett flush even more. "you gonna join me or not? who knows? maybe you and me will end up making out in a closet."

"wh-what?!"

"i'm kidding! i'm kidding," said the other, ruffling bennett's hair, "unless you wanna." he added subtly, with a wink.

oh, no. bennett was not good with people flirting with him. despite his affinity for making friends and having conversations, as soon as there was the slightest hint of banter, he'd become a nervous wreck. he'd go red in the face and become unable to speak normally. he knew that aether didn't know of this trait, and aether likely didn't mean anything by it. nonetheless, the short blonde found himself a little taken aback by the change in tone.

visibly, he was a little tense.

"i— i don't know—" he finally said, after regaining his ability to confabulate.

aether rested his arm on bennett's head in response, mindlessly smiling, "don't worry, benny. whenever you're ready." the shorter could only think to himself that aether really was a cheeky and charming fellow. and anyone would be able to see the flustered and somewhat distressed look on his face.

razor, from the other end of the room, was able to see it.

rage. there was a glittering of hatred in razor's cloud grey eyes. his fists had balled up until his knuckles were pearl-white. his face was not red from a flustering moment, but from a seething, electric anger that he couldn't describe. barbara, xinyan, venti and xiao, who he'd been 'talking' with had noticed razor's sudden mood swing. the silence he'd created was absolutely deadly.

"razor, are you okay?" barbara asked softly, in almost a whisper.

the grey-haired boy did not respond. his body had moved without his brain controlling him. his eyes were fixated on the golden-haired boy with the sickeningly flirtatious amber eyes. who was he? what was he doing?

protect.

his pace quickened, walking swiftly toward aether and bennett, pushing past drunkenly dancing bodies and headbanging teenagers, with one goal in his mind.

protect.

"bennett."

the snowy-haired boy knew that raspy voice all too well. his heart dropped to his stomach— aether's arm still perched comfortably on his head. forest eyes met cloudy ones, quickly— locking onto one another. those cloud-grey eyes were so intense, it seemed as if a thunderstorm had been brewing within the wolf boy. and bennett felt absolutely weak in the knees.

"bennett. let's go. now."

"oh? bennett, who's this?"

"that is none of your concern," razor said quickly. he looked up at the blonde fellow, who was nameless to him. in razor's eyes, he did not even deserve a name, "let's go."

"whoa there buddy, calm down," aether replied, removing his arm from bennett's head and holding them up in surrender, "bennett and i were just talking!"

"don't touch him."

silence. a loathsome silence— bennett, the boy who talked a lot, was silent. speechless. razor, who held a million secrets, had spilled out his greatest one, with only those three words. even aether's eyes widened— but, he had a sort of impressed expression.

"okay, then, i won't. see you later benny?" aether clicked his tongue, his cheeks bore pink. before bennett could even answer, he ran off awkwardly, taking glances at razor.

"uh-"

"who is he?" razor simply asked. it came out as more of a statement than a question.

"he's — just some guy i met—"

"did he do anything? are you okay? does razor need—"

"razor, relax," bennett said quickly, coming off even slightly agitated. "sorry— look, he didn't do anything i'm just bad with people flirting with me so i was kinda awkward, just don't worry about it okay?"

"but— razor was worried. i saw you looked—"

"THERE WAS NOTHING, RAZOR," bennett suddenly cried, "you're overreacting, we're not dating or anything so why were you even concerned?!"

because i like you.

razor flinched. he was only trying to help— well, it was slightly for his own gain. but bennett did seem uncomfortable, maybe it was only him. barbara didn't really notice... maybe ... maybe he was overreacting.

"i— bennett is friend—"

"i can be friends with other people you know." no stop, what are you doing? why are you saying this? stop. stop deflecting. tell him you like him and tell him you actually got butterflies in your stomach when he wanted to protect you.

"i am sorry. i wants to protect you," he said softly.

bennett found himself ready to cry— but there was no reason to. there was no reason to make this a problem. there was no issue whatsoever— in fact, knowing razor was protective and jealous made him feel warm and tingly inside.

razor wanted to protect.

but bennett could only deflect.

and, before bennett could even respond, venti had announced with a mic in hand, "okay everyone~!!! we are ready to play spin the bottle so if you wanna come join us please come upstairs to the second floor first door to the left!!!!!"

-

a/n:
oops i dropped angst everywhere i'm so sorry
i actually screamed writing this chapter

like audibly- and my brother had to check if i was ok

by the way, i'm really sorry to everyone that doesn't ship xiaoven i'll try not to make them that prominent if it makes you guys uncomfortable <3 sorry again,,

question of the day:
have you built any of the starter characters / are planning to and who?

my answer:
YES i am in the process of building kaeya hes currently running half blizzard strayer and half noblesse and he's about to be lvl 70