𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𑁍┊사랑병 ˎˊ˗

( xvii. lunchbox friends )

-

"and then i just told barbara 'hey i have a huge crush on you!' and boom, now she's my fucking girlfriend," the rising rockstar tightened her space buns and barbara laughed, leaning her head on xinyan's shoulder. the whole group clapped— except for bennett, who found himself daydreaming and spacing out a lot. it was currently lunchtime, a few hours after razor had messaged him about the boyfriends thing.

"benny, you okay?" xingqiu asked, who sat beside him on the end.

"earth to bennett," said fischl, snapping her fingers in his face— which snapped him out of his trance.

"OH— sorry you guys, i was just thinking...," he replied.

"that's a shocker," chongyun said smartly, earning a snicker from xingqiu. he then smiled proudly.

"haha," the blonde boy sarcastically laughed, ruffling his own hair and then smacking his cheeks. barbara quirked a brow.

"actually, benny, you've been acting weird since this morning, what's wrong?" the girl with the blonde pigtails said. noelle amd xiangling hummed in agreement.

"it's nothing i swear!"

"lies, tell us," xiangling's eyes narrowed. xiangling never got serious, so this was pretty scary for bennett— he gulped and realized the whole friend group was staring at him.

no point in lying . . .

"razor's little sister thinks we're dating and it caused a whole issue and now his mom wants to meet me as his boyfriend and i agreed to be his fake boyfriend without thinking about it because i wanted to?? and now i don't know why—"

"no way, you have to meet razor's mom?!" noelle exclaimed.

"YOU AGREED?!" asked chongyun.

"of course i did! was i supposed to say no?!"

"bennett, i'm just going to say," barbara spoke up, "CONGRATULATIONS!"

"why are you congratulating me?! i'm in a huge pickle and it's my fault!! i was the one that told his sister we were dating in the first place!"

the girl with the blonde pigtails had closed her eyes and took a breath. "bennett, it took me so long to get razor comfortable enough to get me to even go to his house. the fact that you were able to get him to open up so easy is a miracle. and you guys basically just met! i don't think this is a bad thing at all. razor totally likes you!"

"... likes me?" bennett's expression softened for a moment, as if he was completely deep in thought. in what way did barbara even mean that? does she even know what she's saying?

and if razor did like him, what would bennett even say?

would he accept?

"not the point," he said, shaking away the thoughts, "the point is i have to pretend to be in love with him. in front of two people that are super close to him that i've never met in real life before. what the FUCK am i supposed to do?!"

"well, you did say you wanted to be his fake boyfriend in front of his mother," fischl piped in.

"and your cheeks are all pink and smitten," xinyan pointed out, prompting poor bennett to bring his little hands to his face. he almost pulled away at the rising heat.

"not to mention, you seem like you're enjoying this," xingqiu said, quirking a brow.

"I AM NOT—"

"adrien agreste," noelle deadpanned.

"that's exactly what i was gonna say," said xinyan, pointing to noelle in approval.

"WHY DOES EVERYONE COMPARE ME TO ADRIEN AGRESTE—"

"just admit, even if it's not a full-on crush yet, that you kinda like razor," xiangling took a sip of caprisun ( sheeeesh XIANGLING GIMME SUM 😩☝️ ), "just a little bit."

bennett grasped at his snowy blonde hair.

the truth was, bennett didn't know.

maybe, pretending to be razor's boyfriend was actually good idea.

-

a/n:
this friend group is too fucking swaggy

also i had this in my drafts since yesterday bc i knew i wouldn't have time to write today 😍

an update a day keeps the doctor away 🥰😘

ALSO I DID WELL ON MY EXAM IM SO HAPPY

question of the day besties:
who's ur main dps???

i main razor or bennett ( OMG SHOCKER )