𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

𑁍┊사랑병 ˎˊ˗

( xxxi. an unexpected visitor )

-

"hey, razor, why do you look so sad today? what happened? is big brother mad at klee?"

razor was in his own world, petting wölfein, his one ferret, when she'd walked in. that night, he went straight to his room, tossed and turned all night long.

"no, not mad. just tired," he mumbled.

"can klee ask what's wrong?"

razor couldn't help but smile a little. wölfein chattered cutely and klee looked up at him with pleading eyes. wölfein probably missed furret too, just as much as razor missed bennett.

"it... is grown up stuff. klee not understand."

"but i think i will," she pleaded, "please tell me please please please!"

he sighed, contemplating. razor was not the most open person, but when it came to klee, it was hard to turn her down. the wonder and concern in her honey eyes was of an otherworldly purity.

"klee," he began, "truth. bennett not boyfriend. bennett razor's crush. razor lied. am sorry."

she scooted closer to him, her hands cupping her own cheeks. "wait, so the a— i mean bennett guy is not your boyfriend and you lied??? lying is bad, razor! you're not supposed to lie to me! we have to trust each other and say the truth all the time! promise you won't lie again."

razor did feel remorse. he felt terrible for that lie, but... it was fun being close to him while it lasted, wasn't it? "razor is sorry. will never do it again. pinky promise."

he held out his pinky. klee happily linked her tiny one with his, smiling brightly.

"good," she exclaimed, "is that why razor is sad?"

"no," he replied quickly, "razor told bennett he loves him... but, bennett does not like me. so... i am ...,"

"sad," she finished. he nodded.

"could not sleep," he continued, voice cracking.

she looked to her feet. "how could bennett not like you?? he likes you, worries about you, aaaaand agreed to pretend to be your boyfriend!!! so how could he not like you back?? klee thinks you and bennett make a good good team!"

"razor ... doesn't know. bennett not like me. am not good enough anyway."

"don't say that! you are the best person ever," klee giggled, "and my favorite playmate!"

razor smiled a bit, and klee picked up the grey ferret and began petting his head.

"razor," she said in a more somber tone, "remember when we were adopting dodoko? you remember what you said to me?"

he smiled again, and grunted. it was a faraway memory, two years ago. klee had been visiting the animal adoption center with razor and lisa, having her eyes set on the little fluffy golden retriever pup ever since their first time arriving. when the time came and they were ready to adopt, the puppy was already attached to klee— they were the best of friends. however, another lady had walked in at the moment, and tried to take the dog away from them, even though they'd already agreed to adopt him. she was incredibly rich and offered a hefty price for the dog who would soon be known as dodoko.

klee cried a lot that day, and razor was distraught. the strange lady had almost taken the little puppy away from klee and her family.

but razor said something that klee would never forget that day. "you must always fight for those that you love.. and those that love you."

in the end, the adoption center wrote off the snobby woman. lisa cursed her out in the nicest way possible, which is ... a euphemism.

"i remember."

"soooo... you see why i remembered that just now?" klee's tiny feet dangled from the edge of razor's bed.

he shook his head.

"razor!! you said to me verbateedem ( klee's way of pronouncing verbatim ) that you should always fight for the people you love so why are you not fighting for bennett??"

"because," he began, "bennett not love me. so razor give up."

the little blonde child put a finger to her chin. "but i think bennett does!!!"

razor shook his head once again.

"you love him, riiiight?"

"bennett not want to see me, don't think he even want to see anyone," he said without answering the question, though his little sibling knew the answer. for the first time, the girl was silent and deep in thought.

"klee, razor is tired," razor yawned.

"big brother should sleep!! or... please try to. maybe i will leave big brother alone for now."

razor grunted. he had barely checked any social media since the night of the party— two nights ago. he tried to text bennett, and he hadn't even texted barbara.

bennett was only a message away— yet he was so far. a message that would never be delivered.

168 hours; 168 hours without texting bennett. and even after that time passed, razor's sure that bennett would want nothing to do with him.

he couldn't stop thinking about the kiss he and bennett shared, and the moment after. he couldn't get the feeling out of his mind. there was no escape.

he actually got to kiss him. razor would've never dreamed of kissing someone if bennett hadn't existed. running his hands through his hair, he sighed, blowing a few locks of grey out of his face.

razor continuously tried to convince himself to give up on bennett, despite saying he would. but it was so difficult— nearly impossible.

and suddenly, there was the sound of the doorbell, and lisa calling that she'd get it. klee silently began to play a game on her ipad. razor felt a sense of longing and loss for the fiery sunshine he once knew.

"razor, someone's at the door for you!" lisa called from the bottom of the steps.

"okay," he said, "klee. stay here."

"okay!" she said happily, before returning her attention to her ipad.

and when razor hopped down the stairs to the front door, he was taken aback to say the least. a honey-eyed boy with a long blonde braid— a familiar face from two nights ago— stood in the doorway with a sheepish smile.

-

a/n:
sorry this is slow

i hope you guys aren't too mad at me

this fanfic will soon end — i'd say there will be approximately 9 more chapters :) i had a lot of fun and still am having so much fun writing this it's made me so happy

qotd:
CAN I ASK ADVICE TODAY?

should i finish building my venti or switch to rebuilding kaeya and xingqiu??

my venti is lvl80 with ok artifacts that could be better. his goblet: fire. yk but i think he can be better. my xingqiu and kaeya are definitely subpar WHAT SHOULD I DO I DONT HAVE MONEYS