𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

𑁍┊사랑병 ˎˊ˗

( xii. the sounds of silence )

-

that same afternoon, bennett had found himself incredibly flustered at the fact that he'd called himself "razor's boyfriend." something about that phrase made him feel weird— despite the fact that he'd said it to shut up a nine-year-old kid.

razor's boyfriend . . .

the blonde blushed. his ferret sat curled in his lap, mindlessly petting. now and then furret would chitter in happiness.

he found himself thinking what it'd be like to actually be razor's boyfriend. he wondered how he would show affection— the grey-haired didn't seem like the affectionate type after all, did he? would he have to ... teach him? bennett found himself going red again— the small ferret in his lap seemed slightly confused as to why bennett had randomly stopped petting her.

and how hard exactly was it for razor to sleep? it'd explain the two times razor'd messaged him at unusual hours of the night. bennett wanted razor to sleep more than anything. he decided that if he answered razor late at night, then he would be part of the problem. the blonde had concluded that razor was one of those people, who built a protective shell around themselves. little did he know that he was slowly chipping away at it.

bennett slipped out the door of his house and decided to take a walk in the park with furret for the time being. he started feeling confused, even curious about razor. he couldn't get his mind off of this damned attractive grey-haired wolf boy with ten million pets, a very forward little sister, and a crappy sleep schedule. bennett smiled thinking of him, subconsciously.

and so, upon entering the little park by barbara's house, he definitely did not expect to see a familiar mane of long grey hair.

and with five dogs at that.

bennett blushed red. great, he thought, it's like i wished for him. ( a/n: YO BENNETT GOT RAZOR IN GENSHIN IMPACT 🥶‼️ )

"razor?" the shorter called, running up to him.

the grey-haired boy stopped in his tracks, turning around cutely. he subconsciously had tilted his head. the many leashes he had gripped in his hands made it look like he was a dog walker. why is he cute again... thought bennett, mentally smacking himself.

and the razor smiled. he smiled. it was a small one, there were no teeth, but it was the loveliest smile that bennett had ever seen.

"bennett. hi. hi furret," he said slowly, walking towards him. the blonde smiled giddily and turned his attention to the five dogs.

there were three huskies. the largest one was a white and grey with eyes similar to razor's. the other two looked younger, one was pitch dark, the other a snowy coat of white. there was a singular dalmatian, who was missing an eye, and was just as tall as the largest husky. and there was a tiny golden retriever, who looked to be about a year old if not younger.

"RAZOR YOUR DOGS ARE SO CUTE!! WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES?!" bennett practically yelled, making the other blush. the small golden retriever puppy played at bennett's feet and begged him to pet him- simultaneously sniffing furret, to which the other wasn't quite happy about. furret seemed to like wölfein out of all of razor's pets.

"th-thanks. black husky is boreas.. this one.. white one.. lupus," razor said, eyes sparkling, pointing to each dog, "grey husky.. andrius. my first.. dog. dalmatian.. is spots. and this one .. golden retriever, my little sisters dog.. dodoko."

bennett muttered the names to himself, trying to remember every single one. razor smiled at that, but the other didn't see it.

"okay i think i've got it," he said proudly, "boreas, lupus, andrius, spots and dodoko?"

razor nodded, fighting a grin, as the dalmatian and grey husky padded toward bennett, painting. "you can pet them... they.. like you."

the grey-haired boy couldn't deny that when bennett replied happily, giggling and scratching each dog's ear, his heart did flutter— but only slightly.

"don't worry furret, i still love you the mostest!" bennett said hugging his own pet. his mind wandered to whether he wanted to tell razor about his meeting with klee earlier that day.

"want to walk some of them?" razor asked.

"sure!" he took the leashes of andrius and spots. furret was quiet, and if the dogs got close to her, she would growl.

"razor has .. never told bennett about sister, klee."

"yeah, about that," bennett thought there was no point in lying, it wasn't a big deal anyway, "i met her earlier today... she told me she took your phone when you were asleep."

oh no. razor stopped walking. "... she .. did what ..."

"don't worry! she didn't-"

"what did .. klee say.."

"she's adorable by the way— oh- well she," bennett laughed nervously, "she thinks that yknow- you and me."

"you and me .. what?" razor tilted his head again.

"she kinda thinks you and me are like y'know! like like - like like each other! like y'know- LIKE WE'RE DATING!"

razor's eyes widened. both of their faces were noticeably flushed, though, but they refused to make eye contact with one another. ".. she says ... weird stuff.. i am sorry. i will talk to her.. when home..."

"nono! it was actually funny, don't worry about it. i guess the dating part kinda threw me off though! that'd be weird wouldn't it?"

"what .. would be weird?" he said.

"oh! i mean if me and you like— dated! right?"

razor continued walking, deep in thought. after a few seconds had passed, he responded. "razor doesn't think so."

"so you're asking me out then?" bennett said with a pleasant giggle, quirking a brow. razor had to look away. that was adorable.

"NO- no.. was just saying ... not weird.. not asking out ..., i just.. think you are ... cool person," the way he spoke made it hard to hear the final words, but bennett heard them loud and clear. that was the first time someone had said that to him so genuinely.

"i think you're cool too," he demurely replied. razor was slightly surprised by bennett's quieter tone.

there was a sweet silence, the april breeze blowing, the chatter of furret, and the panting of razor's dogs were all to be heard— sometimes, the padding of shoes or a random child's laughter. but it was a beautiful silence in strangely romantic moment. both of them wanted to reach out to hold the other's hand, for reasons unknown to them — it must've been the wind. neither boy had dared to make a move.

but, it was comforting, sharing the silence, walking in the warm spring afternoon. together.

-

a/n:
that's the end of the book guys!!! thanks so much for reading, this fic was so fun to write. i'm so happy you guys enjoyed it <3 thank you for all the votes and comments, it means so much to me <3

LOL IM KIDDING
hu tao kinnie moment ‼️😁