| Chapter 3 | Grasp of Someone Else |

|| 7:00 AM, in your new room. ||

Upon hearing this voice you flinched, but it didn't sound like Overhaul or Chronos. Putting very few pieces together, you just assumed it was your next caretaker, and that Eri got put into a separate room as you did.

You were lost in thought and had many questions. Such as, "Will I need to get hurt by more needles?" and, "Why was I left alone in here?" as well as, "Why did Overhaul move me?".

They took a step forward. "I'm not going to repeat myself."

You jolted up on your feet and were pleasantly surprised when your legs didn't send sharp pain signals to your brain. Not being hurt by needles for three days straight gave your legs a bit of time to heal properly.

"F-Food...please..." You looked down, not wanting to make eye contact. You didn't want to ask for food from this stranger, but you were so hungry you were in actual pain.

You heard an irritated sigh, and then a hand grip the handle to your room door. "Yeah, yeah. I'll get you something." Followed by a loud slam of the door, and footsteps down a hallway.

You yelped and tripped backward the moment you heard the door slam. It was so loud and unexpected, and the person bringing you food seemed so violent. You looked over to the dull and grey cabinet, feeling the urge to climb inside it and shut the doors again.

However, you were told to stay right where you were, and upon remembering what always happened if you disobeyed anybody, you sat still.

Now that you were more awake thanks to the door slam, you started thinking about the weird noises you had heard four days ago. "What caused those bangs and footsteps, and why did Overhaul talk about people only being aware of Eri's presence?" You pondered. It would only be normal for them to know, right? Overhaul has probably talked about Eri before.

Click.

The door opened, and an apple got thrown in your direction. You flinched backward, but when you noticed it was food, you scrambled forward to get it.

"You better eat that, kid. You're not dying on me, you're the only one we have now." Whoever this was seemed to be rubbing their forehead in frustration.

You proceeded to take a bite of the apple and tried to make eye contact with them, struggling to find where their eyes were located, trying to show them that you were going to eat it. Maybe if you showed them, they would forget about painful needles.

 Maybe if you showed them, they would forget about painful needles

"Good, good." They definitely didn't want to take care of your needs, but something was driving them to do it. At least, that's what you gathered. "Do you want water?"

You nodded your head quickly. You didn't ask your previous caretaker for water, and you were regretting it.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." They gripped the handle of the door again.