| Chapter 5 | Dreadful Nightmare |

|| 8:00 AM, outside of the Nighteye Agency. ||

Midoryia was about to grab the door handle when he noticed Mirio making his way over to the agency.

"Oh! I didn't think you would be here, um.. considering.." Midoryia said, turning to talk to his friend.

Mirio cocked his head to the side, the smile he usually had completely gone. "Yeah, me too. But even if I don't have my quirk, I can provide some insight."

Midoryia took a second to process and then nodded.

Mirio sighed, then continued. "And if I'm lucky, I might be able to assist in the mission a bit. I sure hope I can." He turned away from Midoryia and grabbed the door handle.

He followed Mirio as he opened the door and started to walk inside.

"I can't believe Overhaul had two kids in his hideout... How can he be so heartless? And I didn't see Y/N anywhere when I was there.. I feel terrible, I couldn't protect her. Where could they be keeping her now? Eri said she saw her get carried somewhere, but that was it.."

Midoryia put a hand on his chin lost in thought. "I'm guessing you feel the same way, huh?" Mirio said, looking ahead of him as they both walked up the stairs.

"Hm? Oh, yeah.. I just.. I wish I could have done something.." Midoryia clenched his fist, looking at the steps.
"Yeah," an awkward silence filled the air for a moment, "I imagine I won't be able to join the mission when it's in motion."

"Even if you might not be able to join the fight, I'm sure you'll be able to help in other ways like you said before.."

Mirio cracked a small appreciative smile as they reached the top of the stairs, making their way over to the meeting room.

All of the heroes from the previous mission were there. Well, all except Nighteye of course.

Taking both of their seats, they paid close attention to the information Centipeder had to share.
"From what we have gathered so far, the victim is five years old and goes by the name of Y/N..." Centipeder went on.

They were extremely determined to save you, and they're going to be your reason to smile.

|| Unknown Person or Y/N's New Overhaul POV ||

I think I've got it. No, I don't think I've got it. I have definitely made working bullets after a month of trying.

I place a hand down on the blueprint, sighing in relief knowing that I have a bullet plan that actually works.

Once you jab the bullet into your victim, there's tiny machinery in the bullet that makes Y/N's blood inject into them. If you were to jab the bullet into your victim when they weren't using their quirk, then it wouldn't work.

But if they were using their quirk, because Y/N's quirk is the power to stop time, it would immediately stop their quirk from working again.

"Ey, over here. I've finally got them working."

My friend, Hayato, stops leaning against the wall and starts walking towards my workspace. This room was fairly small, it just had a desk which was where the bullets were made, and a cabinet with tools.

"Niiice.. By the way, please tell me you talked to that psycho who's been stabbing the girl. I don't mind it, but she needs to stay alive, y'know. She doesn't need to lose more blood, and-"

Raising a finger to cut him off, I pin the blueprint to the wall. "After you give me a hand with these, I will."

"...Oookay," I could tell he didn't fully believe me, "but you better, you hear me?"