| Chapter 4 | Eri Remembers |

|| 10:30 PM, in your new room. ||

You had no way of knowing what day of the week it was, or what time of day it was. But one thing was for sure, it felt like an entire month had gone by.

The first week, the person who took your blood had a decent idea of how to do it, so the pain was limited a bit. But after that one week, someone new had started to do it. And they had no idea how to use anything in that room.

They knew how to strap you to the chair, but besides that, everything would always go wrong. The needle would always aggressively go way too deep under your skin, and your arms and legs would be in immense pain.

You wished they stuck with using a needle, because after another week of taking your blood, they got annoyed with using the needle and switched to something else.

A knife.

Since then, everytime you left that room, you had brand new scars. It's not like whoever they were cared about your well-being, they just needed your blood.

You couldn't believe you were thinking what you were thinking, but for the first time in forever you wanted to go back to Overhaul. You didn't know where he was or what he wanted from you this time, and you hadn't seen him since you moved to this room.

Hearing footsteps come this way, you weakly got out of bed preparing to get picked up and dragged off into a chair, but to your surprise the footsteps passed this room.

"H-Hm?" You tilted your head to where the footsteps trailed off to. Faintly, you could hear a conversation.

"What's the situation with Overhaul?"

Your eyes widened, and your attention got focused on their voices. Both of which were not to high and not too low in pitch, more in the middle.

"Eh, he's been locked up, stuff like that. I'm trying to continue what he started, I think I almost found a way to make the bullets again."

"Right, gotcha. Anywho, shouldn't you be trying to recruit more people, and more importantly good people? By good people, I mean people who know what they're doing."

"What do you mean by that?"

You could tell they started walking further away as their voices got more quiet. "No, please don't go away yet, I want to know.." Pressing your ear against the wall, you tried to hear more.

"What do I mean? Have you not seen Y/N? Who did you even assign to her blood extracting? They're clearly acting like an animal. If we're not careful they might kill her and...."

Their voices slowly faded away as they walked off.

Putting your back against the wall and shrinking down into a ball position, you tried your best to interpret the information you just overheard.

"Overhaul got locked up? Trying to continue what he started..?"

Putting your arms around your knees, you tried to understand what that meant.

"Why did he get locked up.."

You couldn't remember much of when Overhaul wasn't in your life. Occasionally you would get visions of your parents and your bedroom in your old house, but you were used to your life in this hell. Overhaul got locked up for obvious reasons, but for you they were anything but obvious.

You knew most of what a five year old should know, yes. Maybe a slight bit more than what someone your age should know. Eri also told you about a few things you weren't aware of.

But you had been locked underground away from the actual world for a such a long time that you didn't realize that what was happening to you was wrong. At this point, you thought it was somewhat normal.