| Chapter 19 | Quirk Training |

|| In the gym, after school. ||

"I'm nervous.. what if I can't do it?" Your thoughts are going everywhere as you and Aizawa walk towards the gym where Monoma was already waiting. You wished Eri could come with you, but her training hadn't started yet, so she couldn't.

Heck, even if she wanted to cheer you on from the sidelines, she still couldn't come. It sucked, but U.A. was just taking extra precautions in case something went ill.

"Mr. Zawa, w-what if I can't do it?" You mumble, looking down at the ground as your grip on his hand gets tighter. "Then you can't do it. Don't push yourself too hard and just do your best, alright?" Aizawa responds, pushing the door open and holding it for you to get in.

"But what if something goes wrong and I hurt someone? I don't wanna do that.." Your eyelids droop and you frown, thinking of all the other accidental times you used your quirk, which only resulted in disaster.

Granted, you had only used it once or twice, but still.

"You won't hurt anybody. You're at U.A. high school, and everyone is here to help and guide you. You can do it." He replies, lightly patting your head before pointing towards Monoma signaling for you to get over there.

"Okay.." You nod, walking over to where Monoma was standing. "Monoma, I expect you to do this responsibly." Aizawa gives him a knowing glare before walking off to the side of the gym to supervise the training session just in case something went wrong.

"Gotcha, teach." Monoma did a few more stretches before bending down to your height and touching your hand so he could copy your quirk once again. Once he was upright, his usual behavior was completely pushed down.

|| WEEK ONE ||

 "Do you know how to activate your quirk?" Monoma turns to you, crouching down to your size. You frown and shake your heading, eliciting a hum from him.

"Gotcha. We're gonna try and get you to at least activate your quirk, 'kay?" He begins to speak, making sure you knew what was going on. "Uh.. okay." You nod, looking at him with full focus.

"It's hard to do it at first, but you'll get there. It's like flipping a switch on and off. Try just thinking of stopping time, really put your entire body into doing it. If that works, think of resuming time to deactivate your quirk." Monoma instructs, tapping his forehead.

"Uh.. huh.." You slowly reply, turning to look at the ground. The only thought that ran around in your brain right now were those two words, 'stop time'.

As you tried to pretend everything froze around you. It took a couple of seconds as your body has barely used your quirk before, but soon enough you began to hear the familiar clock ticking.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

You looked around the room, and everything was a slight indicolite tint now. The only noises that could be heard were the clocks and your own.

As interesting as you found this once you weren't in the middle of a life or death situation, you wanted this training session to run smoothly, so you tried shutting your quirk off.

"Stop time.."  You thought that sentence a bunch of times, trying to imagine the world around you having life in it again.

Soon enough, you were back in the colorful environment with moving things. "Did you get it yet?" Monoma asks, as only a second had just passed for him.

"Yeah!" You replied, glad that you got it so quickly. Maybe this won't be a total disaster after all!

"Good. I haven't learned much about your quirk yet, so for now we're probably going to work on turning your quirk on and off." Monoma sends you a smile, and you smile back with a nod. "Does that mean that.. my quirk can do more?" You ask, slightly worried that it might go off the rails someday.

Monoma responds with a small shrug. "Maybe. If it does 

That is all this chapter has in-store. Thanks for reading though.