ten - десять

"Bucky where are we?" I asked, the car coming to a stop.

"Leave the keys, and call the agency," Bucky said getting out the car, slamming it behind him. We were back to brooding Bucky now I realized as he stomped off. A small part of me wanting to see that same smile in the rear view mirror. I shook my head of the thought and got out the car.

"Can you tell me why?" I asked, grabbing my phone and handgun from the car, slipping it into the holster on my belt, then pulling my sweater down over it. Bucky paused looking up at the building, before turning back to me. Sam slammed the door of the rental car shut and looked around at the old shop building.

"Just do it," Bucky said, and I rolled my eyes digging out my phone again, dialing the agency as Bucky and Sam disappeared inside.

It took awhile for me to get ahold of a representative, and I had to make up a lie saying the car was broken into so someone would come get it. As I was on the phone I looked over the walls of the front of the building.

Sokovian Machines was written along the outside in large fonts and a mural of a man in a fur lined coat in a purple mask was underneath it.

Once I got done with the rental agency, I used my phone to take a picture of the mural, not sure if it could be important later.

"Oh hell no!" I heard Sam's booming voice from inside, and immediately took off into the shop. I drew my gun and walked slowly.

"Buck?! Sam!?" I called out maneuvering slowly through the shop my gun drawn and ready.

"Over here, you ain't gonna believe this shit," Sam's voice boomed again from another room.

I made it over to wear Sam's voice was coming from and walked into the room. Turning the corner, I first saw Sam and Bucky. Sam had an extremely angry expression on his face, while Bucky seemed perfectly at ease.

Looking past them, I noticed a man dressed as a prison guard. I put my gun in its holster walking over to Buck and Sam.

"Lina, meet Zemo," Sam spoke in a very annoyed tone of voice, as he motioned towards the prison guard. My eyes widened with realization and I looked towards Bucky.

"This was your plan?" I asked sarcasm dripping from my question, a disappointed look on my face. Bucky's eyes just moved from me to Sam.

"Wait you knew?" Sam asked as I walked over to them. I ignored his question, my eyes looking up at Bucky.

"You busted the dude, who made you lose your mind out of prison?"

"It's more complicated than that Lina," Bucky sighed, putting his hands on his hips.

"If I may-"

"No!" Bucky and Sam simultaneously cut Zemo off, I watched Zemo bow his head, waiting like a patient puppy.

"Listen, Sam you stuck your neck out, following Steve, risking your life to find me. I'm asking you to do it again," Bucky pleaded looking at Sam. Sam gave Bucky a side eye before giving Zemo a death stare.

"Fine, but you're going back to prison!" Sam yelled pointing his finger at Zemo, then walking off for a few steps.

I took a step closer to Bucky, and he looked down at me, his bright blue eyes, piercing into my green ones.

"You sure?" I asked crossing my arms.

"He's our only option," Bucky tried to reason with me in a soft tone of voice as he shrugged. I looked between his eyes, noting the pleading look in them.

"Okay," was all I said.

"Excellent, let me get my things, and we'll be on our way," Zemo clapped his hands before taking off deeper into the shop. I looked away from Zemo and up at Bucky again. Bucky put his arm out, telling me to follow Zemo.

"Come on Sam," I called out to the most worried version of Sam I'd ever seen. He moved slowly behind Buck and me as we followed Zemo into a large room full of beautiful vintage cars.

"You rich or something Zemo?" Sam asked ducking down to look into an old car. I watched Zemo move to the trunk of another car, rummaging through it.

I noticed a blue car in the corner, and elbowed Buck. He leaned down putting his ear to my lips.

"That one matches your eyes," I whispered into his ear with a smile. Bucky stood back up, with an unimpressed look on his face. He turned to look at the car I mentioned and chuckled to himself.

He looked down at me and nodded.

"I told you," I whispered. Zemo pulled my attention away from Bucky with the slam of a car door.

Zemo spoke of his time hunting the Hydra super soldier creations, and wanting to end supremacy, including the avengers. 

I felt Bucky shift uncomfortably beside me. I patted his arm, as I walked by him, going to look inside the other vintage cars.

"We will take my jet, we will be meeting Selby, she is who can tell us who is making the serum," Zemo explained walking off. Bucky, Sam and I paused looking at each other.

"Do you want to wait around here forever, or do you want to get your information?" Zemo asked us. The three of us fell into step, following after Zemo.

                            ———————-
We walked out back of the machine shop and were met with a large plane runway. Bucky and Sam slipped on their sunglasses following Zemo, with me trailing behind.

A butler stood beside a plane, and Zemo greeted him like an old friend. It was kind of sweet to see. The four of us walked up the ramp and into the plane. I sat facing Zemo as Bucky sat across the isle from me.

The butler brought out champagne for Zemo, and then we were off. Zemo started talking about creation and supremacy again, and then began to trail off until he was quiet.

"I'm curious Bucky, who is Levitsky? Or Nakajima?" Zemo asked holding up a small red notebook I had never seen before.

Faster than I could blink, Bucky had jumped out of his seat, and his metal arm was wrapped around Zemo's throat.

"Touch that again, and I'll kill you," Bucky threatened letting go of him. He sat back down, and I gave him a look of confusion.

"Why is my name in there?" I asked looking at Bucky. He didn't say anything, remaining quiet. I looked at Sam and he shrugged.

"I recognize that book, Steve had it on him when I first met him. I told him about Troubleman. Did you hear it?" Sam asked nodding to Bucky.

"I like 40s music so.." Bucky trailed off barely looking at Sam.

"You didn't like it?" the look of hurt on Sam's face was priceless. Bucky's faced scrunched with a look of disdain,

"I liked it."

"It's a masterpiece James, truly captures the essence of the African-American culture," Zemo interjected as I pulled out a my phone scrolling through my missed calls, noticing Dr. Raynor tried to get ahold of me.

"He's out of line, but he's right," Sam said still looking at Bucky in disbelief, "Lina back me up."

"You're right Sam, Marvin Gaye is amazing," I smiled barely looking up from my phone. Sam rolled his eyes and I could hear him huff as he slouched into his chair.

"Where are we going to find this Selby anyway?" Sam asked looking at Zemo.

"Madripoor, it used to be lawless island for pirates in the 1800s," Bucky explained intertwining his fingers in his lap. I tried to look at Bucky but he was avoiding me, only looking at Zemo or Sam.

"Which means, we will have to take on new identities. James you will have to become someone who you claim is gone," Zemo said in a mysterious voice.

"So no more Summer Soldier," I frowned in a teasing way, hoping to get a reaction out of Bucky. All he did was shift in his seat. He avoided my eyes for the rest of the flight.

Why was he avoiding me?
And why was my name in his book?