sixteen - шестнадцать

I had slept through the rest of that flight on the way Riga, Bucky holding me safely in his arms. Just before we landed, Bucky kissed my cheek softly trying to wake me up.

"Lina," he whispered.

I opened my eyes just as the wheels of the plane touched down. I sat up turning to look at Buck through tired eyelids. He gave me a smile as he rested his hands on my hips. I stretched with a yawn returning the smile.

"Hi," I said softly making Bucky chuckle.

"Let's go princess," Sam mocked standing from his chair to look at Bucky and I. I rolled my eyes as the plane came to a stop and I stood up off of Bucky's lap.

As I walked passed Sam, I bumped into him with my shoulder.

"Lina, come on" Sam sighed as I grabbed my bag, walking down the stairs and off the plane. I could hear Bucky and Sam arguing as they followed me to a car Zemo had pulled around.

I opened it sliding into the passenger seat beside the driver.

"You know Lina, this silent treatment is cute and all but you're gonna have to talk to me sooner or later," Sam muttered getting into the backseat with Zemo and Bucky.

"Helina if I may.."

Zemo tried to say but was cut off by the death stare I was giving him in the rear view mirror. He put his hand up in an apology before speaking to the driver, telling him to go to Zemo's safe house.

The driver took off and I kept my eyes on the world around us, taking notes on the beautiful architecture. We turned a corner and the driver stopped at the end of the street.

"We will walk from here," Zemo instructed and I stepped outside, waiting for the rest of my group. Bucky came up beside me and reached out to hold my hand, I took his warm hand, intertwining our fingers.

He looked down at me with a somber look. I shook my head turning my attention to Zemo, as he led us to his safe house.

As we walked I noticed Bucky's attention shift, looking at everything around us. His assassin roots were coming to light, I squeezed his hand as we walked, bringing his eyes back to me he gave me a small smile.

We came up the a beautiful door,  and Bucky stopped before entering.

"I'm going to take a walk," Bucky said softly squeezing my hand before letting it go.

"Do you want me to come with you?" I asked, pleading with him to have him go with me. Bucky shook his head, leaning forward to plant a kiss on my cheek.

"You and Sam need to talk," Bucky said before walking away. I rolled my eyes as I turned to Sam and Zemo, following them inside.

The house was beautiful and exquisite. The tension in the air was thick with anger and annoyance. Zemo started to walk off, but I grabbed his arm pulling him back. He smirked looking down at my hand.

"If I was going to run, why would I bring you to my safe house?" Zemo spoke in a condescending tone as he looked into my eyes. I let go of his arm and he turned down a hallway into a room, leaving me with Sam.

"Lina, talk to me," Sam breathed a deep sigh. I walked past him into the kitchen, I began rummaging through cabinets.

"Why are you so mad?" Sam asked from behind me as I found a bottle of vodka. I turned around grabbing a glass and pouring the vodka into it.

Sam sat cross from me at the counter, he leaned forward looking at me like a worried father would. I stared back at him as I drank.

"We can stare all damn day Lina, I got time,"  Sam warned taking his jacket off. 

I finished my glass and set it down on the counter.

"Remember the day we met?" I asked wiping my mouth with my sleeve. Sam nodded.

"Do you remember asking how I didn't know when the serum was given to me?" I questioned again, Sam nodded.

"I don't remember any of my life before that orphanage where S.H.I.E.L.D. picked me up. When Barton said I left to wander the world, I was looking for my parents, for family, anything that could tell me how I became the super soldier I am today..." I paused, Sam held my gaze, nodding for me to continue.

"Nagel, Sam, did you hear him? See him?" I pushed off the counter and walked from one end of the island to the other. The air caught in my throat making my voice crack as I spoke,

" 'You're the daughter of' was all he got out before Zemo shot him," Sam blinked in what seemed to be realization.

"I was so focused on the serum, and figuring out our next move that I didn't realize..." I moved my eyes down looking at the counter.

"Lina, I'm sorry," he apologized leaning back. I leaned my back against the counter opposite the island. Sam stood up walking over to me, leaning his back against the island.

"I'm so sorry," he sighed crossing his arms over his chest. A small tear fell from my eye but I wiped it away as quickly as it came.

"Just don't tell me I'm over reacting next time? Okay?" I teased, trying to clear the air. Sam didn't know how I felt, he didn't even hear what Nagel had said back in his lab.

I snapped at someone who had become a dear friend, someone I'd take a bullet for. Maybe not a bullet in the chest, but in the arm or something.

"Thanks for talking to me, finally," Sam laughed pushing off the counter coming to lean against the counter beside me. I moved my head, resting it on Sam's shoulder.

"Thanks for being a friend," I said softly with a sigh, earning a laugh from Sam.