Holding

I guided the ship into the docking area and locked it into place. “Okay, we’re here, everybody off,” I said. “Good parking skills Germia,” said one of the guards. “Thank you,” I responded. We all stepped off of the ship and made our way to the screening zone. Luckily for me, I don’t have to go through it, but not our prisoners. They have to be screened, it is protocol after all. Got to make sure no one gets through with any illegal items. They stepped through the metal detection machine and both of them were clean. Then they stepped up to the Recognition scan, which helps us identify who we have. I think we already know who the Protogen is, considering we have been tracking him for some time, but we don’t know who the human is. He was found along with EG-7351, so he is assumed to be a collaborator of some sorts, but we can’t know for sure until EG-7351 is interrogated, along with the human.

The scan finished and the Protogen came up with a match for the suspect we were looking for. Now the human on the other hand, we had no information on him. He wasn’t in our system so we were going to have to pry information out of him.

“Germia, you take the prisoners away to the holding cell and then to an interrogation room. I hope you can handle that?” asked The Boss. “Yes sir, I can handle it,” I responded. “Good. Guards, back to your posts. I will be working, do not bother me,” he said. He walked away and I turned and faced the prisoners. The Protogen looked at me with a sad expression, while the human looked scared. “Okay, I will be taking you to your cell, don’t try anything funny, as this will result in worse sentencing,” I said sternly. They both nodded in response. “Follow me,” I said. I started to lead them through the station. Past the security office, past the cafeteira, past the board room. Finally, we arrived at the holding cell. “Okay you two, step inside please,” I asked. They obeyed and stepped inside the cold, dark room. “Oh sorry, I almost forgot to turn on the light, we usually don’t bring prisoners here, so,” I trailed off while turning on the light. The light turned on and lit up the room. A faint buzzing could be heard from it. “I will see you two in a few hours. I have some work to do,” I told them. They nodded. I gave one last look before closing the door and walking away. Something about the way they were connected told me they were closer than just collaborators. I shook away the thought and continued down to my office, which was really more of a closet. A small desk in the corner, a almost burnt out lightbulb, a shelf with a random assortment of objects I’ve collected, and finally my computer. I sat down at my desk and began to do some paperwork. “Why do we still do paperwork even though we have computers?” I questioned aloud. As expected, no one responded. I continued anyway, determined to get this work done.

I opened my eyes groggily. ‘Did I fall asleep while I was working?’ I thought. I must’ve not had enough coffee. I looked over at the time and saw that it was well past when I was supposed to go interrogate them. “Oh crap,” I said. I ran out of my office and towards the holding cell. Not to my suprise, they were still there, just sleeping. Should I wake them? Oh but they are sleeping together, how sweet. I shook my head, what was I doing? I swiped my keycard and opened the door. “Hey, get up, it’s time for your interrogation,” I said, addressing the protogen. “Huh? What?” the Protogen said confused. “I said it is time for your interrogation,” I said a second time. “What about Jack?” he responded. Is that his name? I see. “He will wait here until you are done,” I said. “As long as he is safe, I will cooperate,” said the Protogen. “Don’t worry, he will be safe,” I promised. “Good. Alright, let’s get this over with,” he said. I hope this goes well.