Rescued

We could hear talking as we approached the War Room. As we entered with Jovian, everyone stopped their discussion and turned to look at us. “I hope we aren’t interrupting anything but you said you needed Evergreen and jack?” Jovian asked Vitrex. “Yes, I wanted them to hear this,” he said. “Hear what?” I asked, confused. “There’s been an increase in guard activity. We aren’t too sure why, but it might be due to the fact that they might’ve found someone conspiring against them,” said a protogen in the corner. “We were wondering if it had something to do with how you got all that information you guys gave us earlier. So, how did you get this information?” Vitrex asked. “Well, during our time with the GMC, we met a person named Germia, who seemed sympathetic towards us, and he gave us that information,” said Jack. Vitrex seemed to go into deep thought. “Hmmm, how do we know that he is on our side? The information he gave could lead us into a trap, and all our planning would’ve been a waste,” he said. It was a fair point. How do we know whether or not we can trust him? I mean he did seem sympathetic, like Jack said, but he could just act that way towards all prisoners. But on the other hand, would he go to such great lengths to help each prisoner like he did for us? My train of thought was interrupted though as Vitrex was trying to ask me something. “Evergreen?” said Vitrex impatiently. “Sorry, I zoned out. What’s up?” I said. “We want your opinion. Should we trust this ‘Germia’?” he questioned. Jack looked at me with an expression almost saying ‘Say yes, please say yes’. I nodded. “Let’s hope your judgement is correct. Anyways, I’ll let Jovian take over, since she knows more about this whole conspiring situation than I do,” he said as he looked over to Jovian. “Thank you V,” she looked over to us. “You two, listen up. I had overheard as I was working my shift that they had captured and were going to interrogate someone who they believed was conspiring against them. This is an issue because due to this, as you know, there is increased guard activity. This will make it significantly more difficult to carry out our plan.” She walked over to the war table and sat down next to it. “I know this is going to sound right out of a video game, and i’m asking a lot of the two of you, but i’m going to need you guys to find a way to distract or move the guards away so we can better carry out the plan, and once you do that, rescue your friend and bring him to us.” She looked back at us. “Think you guys are up for the task?”

“I can’t believe, out of all my time with you, did I ever think we were going to be sneaking into a prison and doing spy shit,” said Jack, laughing. “Same here,” I said. We had decided to wait until it was dark to move in and cause some sort of distraction. I remember I had seen some sort of main office, which, assuming I was correct, was connected to some sort of database, where I could cause some sort of alert in a different area and move guards away and then swoop in and save Germia. That’s easier said than done though. Saying there was “increased activity” was an understatement. They basically got the whole place on lockdown, which, believe it or not, was going to make our plan much, much harder. “Do you think this plan is going to work?” Jack asked worriedly. “I hope so, for everyone’s sake. And besides, I have a few tricks up my sleeve,” I said. I opened my “Tricks_up_my_sleeve” folder, which contained a few things I could use, such as: “Active Camouflage,” I said proudly. “Woah, how’d you do that?” said Jack, surprised. “I’ve had a few upgrades in the past,” I said. “Man, I kinda wish I was a protogen,” he said. I stopped and looked at him, surprised. “Really? You’d really want to be one?” I asked. He looked at me, then shrugged. ‘I’ll need to remember that,’ I thought. “Anyways, we should probably get a move on,” I suggested. “Yeah, that would be a good idea,” he said.

Good thing about the camouflage is that it also affects anyone you are touching. I’m not...exactly sure how that works but it definitely helped as we made our way toward the main office. A few close calls here and there but overall it was smooth sailing all the way. “Okay, we are here, now let’s go ahead and swipe ourselves in,” I said as I swiped the keycard in the slot. A small beep sound went off. “ERROR, KEYCARD DENIED” read the machine. I gulped. ‘Uh no,’ I thought. Had he provided us with the wrong keycard? As I started to panic a little, Jack took the card from my hand and swiped it. A small ding sounded from the reader. “You were swiping the wrong way,” he said. I facepalmed. ‘Nice one,’ I thought. We made our way inside. It looked very different from what was outside. Inside, there were computers, desks, all types of things. One thing was out of place though, there were no guards. I suddenly felt a very ominous feeling. “Hey I don’t like the feeling of this place, let’s move quickly,” I said, starting off trying to find the main computer. Jack followed. “Same, let’s find it quick.” We looked around for a bit until we found a larger computer with fancy monitors. “Nice setup. Guess the person running this place needs a good view of the world,” Jack laughed. I chuckled. “Alright, let’s see if we can make a distra-” I got cut off by the sound of the door opening and someone coming into the room. “Hey! What are you two doing here?” We both turned and saw it was a guard. Jack looked at me with a “what are we gonna do?” face. I looked back at him with a “follow my lead” face. “We are just running some uh, diagnostics on your computers, making sure everything is up to date,” I started. “Let me see your credentials then,” the guard said. “Sure,” I said. Well, here goes nothing. I reached my hand behind my back, charged it up, and reached out and shocked the guard. He made a sort of weird hissing sound before he collapsed onto the floor. “Uh, is he okay?” Jack asked. “I think so, he should just be passed out,” I said. “Remind me never to make you angry, Evergreen,” said Jack.

Looks like the distraction worked. Following the cameras, we could see a whole slew of guards rushing over to where we called an “alert”. “Alright, that’s done, now, let’s find our friend,” I said. I started scanning through the cameras, until I came across what seemed to be the interrogation room and lo and behold, Germia was sitting inside. “Perfect, and it looks like it’s not too far from here. Let’s move quickly before any other guards come over here,” I said. We left the office and started on our way down to the interrogation room. Sneaking past some straggling guards, we reached our destination. Swiping the card in the correct direction this time, the door slid open. “Please, no more, I won’t tell you anything,” said Germia. He looked up and saw us. “E-Evergreen? Jack? You came to get me? How?” he questioned. “Glad to see you too, but we should probably move,” said Jack. “I agree, but you seem a bit banged up. Can you walk?” I asked Germia. “Yeah, I think so,” he said. “Good then, let’s go.” It was starting to become light again as we made our way to the hideout. We knocked and got let into the hideout. We made our way down the stairs. As we descended, we could hear talking. ‘Just like last time,’ I thought. “Yes, I have full faith they will-Oh hello you two, we were just talking about you guys!” Jovian said excitedly. “See, I told you they could do it,” she said, scowling at Maricio. She turned back to us. “Good job guys, your distraction should hold long enough for us to get started, and it seems here,” she pointed to Germia, “that you have brought a friend. Germia I assume?” He nodded. “Perfect, you look a bit hurt so I’ll send you down to the infirmary to get you checked out, then I’d like to ask you some questions if that is okay,” she said. “That is fine,” he said. She snapped her fingers twice and a protogen that was doing some work at a different table got up and started escorting Germia to the infirmary. “Now, I want to ask you two a very important question,” she started. We looked at her, intrigued. “Are you ready to fight a war?”