Intel

I opened my eyes to the morning light shining through our window. I turned over and saw Jack sleeping peacefully. ‘Man, he is cute when he sleeps,’ I thought, blushing a little in the process. I stared at Jack a bit more. I haven’t really had the time to think about how I felt towards my human friend, and, considering how I’ve been thinking about him like this, maybe he is more to me than just a friend. I had always been feeling this strange feeling when I was with Jack, more so lately than before. A second later though, before I could finish my train of thought, Jack stirred. He turned and looked at me and noticed I was blushing. “How long have you been awake?” he asked groggily. “U-Uh, a few minutes?” I answered nervously. ‘Oh no, I stuttered,’ I thought. A smug smile appeared on his face. “Why were you blushing?” he said. “W-Well you see, I was blushing because it is kinda hot in here and stuff, y-you know?” I said. “But don’t you have cooling systems?” he questioned. I stopped. He knew I was lying and him scooting closer wasn’t helping. “Uh, y-yes I do,” I responded. “Then I think I know the real reason you are blushing,” he whispered, booping the front of my visor. I stared at him in shock. Before I could say anything, an announcement came over the PA system. “All prisoners, breakfast is in 30 minutes.” Jack moved over to the side of the bed and got up. “Come on, we have intel to deliver,” he said.

We started on our way to Vitrex’s place. I had mixed feelings about this whole thing. On one hand, I was happy that we had a chance for us to escape. On the other hand, I was worried that one was going to get hurt, or worse. This was clearly evident, as Jack had noticed the worried expression on my visor. “Hey, it looks like something is on your mind, what’s up?” he wondered. “I’m worried one of us is going to get hurt when the Revolt happens,” I said. “Don’t worry about it. I’m sure Vitrex and his friends are going to protect us, and I will protect you as well. I’m sure you would do the same for me,” he said. I nodded. Eventually we came upon Vitrex’s base of operations. We went inside and saw Vitrex pacing around the middle of the room, talking about something to one of the other people there. “...I haven’t heard from Jack or Evergreen in a while. I hope they didn’t get cap-oh! There you guys are. We were worried y'all got captured or something,” Vitrex said. “Don’t worry, we didn’t get captured. We actually got a lot more than what we set out for,” Jack said. He looked at me and nudged me in my hand, hinting at me to tell Vitrex about the ESD. “Yeah, we think you are going to like this,” I said.

“I can’t believe you guys managed to get this!” Vitrex exclaimed. As the excitement wore off though, he became suspicious. “Actually, how DID you manage to get this?” he asked. I started to get a bit nervous. ‘Would he believe us if we told him?’ I thought. I began to speak but was cut off. “No matter, this is very valuable information, thank you,” he said. He began to walk off to a different room. “Hey wait, don’t we need training or something?” questioned Jack. “Oh right, I almost forgot. Silly me,” he answered. He beckoned us to follow him. “Come on, I’ll lead you to the training grounds.” We started to make our way over to a staircase that seemingly led down to a lower level to this area. ‘How big is this place?’ I wondered. My wondering was cut short though as we came into a large, cavernous room, with people of all types roaming around. I could also hear gunshots ringing out in the distance. ‘Seems they have a range,’ I thought.

As we were looking around, a smaller, more feminine Protogen walked over to us. “Hello Jovi,” said Vitrex. “Hello Vitrex, I see you brought some new friends?” questioned Jovi. “Yup, these two brought me some very valuable intel, so I’ll need you at the war room after breakfast to discuss it,” he said. “You got it,” she responded. We just stood there, waiting for them to finish their conversation. Vitrex looked back at us. “Oh, I forgot to introduce you guys. Evergreen, Jack, meet Jovian, or as I like to call her, Jovi. Jovi, meet Evergreen and Jack,” he finished. We waved. “I assume by your green fur that you are Evergreen?” She pointed at me. “Yes, I am, and this is Jack.” I ruffled Jack’s hair. ‘Wonderful! I can only guess the reason Vitrex brought you down here was to meet me?” she said jokingly. Vitrex chuckled. “To train them, is also a reason." “Ah, of course. You let me take care of that so you can go and plan your little revolution,” she said. “It won’t be so little when I’m done,” Vitrex smirked. Jovian rolled her eyes. “Also, these guys are very valuable to me, so train them well,” he said. She nodded. She turned back to us. “Anyways, welcome to The Cave! This is where we train new recruits and hang out in our free time and to get away from the watchful eye of the GMC. Before we begin though, I’m going to need to ask a few questions to confirm a few things. Is that alright with you two?” she asked. We nodded. “Perfect. Alright, first question: Do any of you work for the GMC?” We shook our heads no and looked at her confused. She chuckled. “I was kidding, the real question is ‘What experience do you have with firearms?’” I think I did but I couldn’t quite remember. Jack shook his head. “Maybe, but I’m not too sure,” I said. “I see. Alright, next question: Do you have any fighting experience? Example, hand to hand combat or melee fighting.” We both shook our heads. “Hmmm, okay. I have some more questions but they can wait for later, but for now, let’s go get you guys a gun.”

=============================================

The boys are getting ready...👀

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed it! Sorry for the delay once again, maybe I should stop giving exact dates xD Anyways, you know the drill. Comment, fav, show your dog, all that stuff. See you in the next chapter, and have a wonderful day/evening/night/morning!