Preparations

We started on the final preparations for their departure. It wasn’t a long trip, but it would take a few days to reach Robo, so we had to prepare accordingly. Now normally, we would’ve already been halfway there by now, but The Boss ordered us to consider them as high value prisoners. This means we need extra security to make sure no one tries to come for them and bust them out.

My radio buzzed to life. “Sir, the prisoners are secured and ready to go,” said a guard on the radio. “Copy that, are the ships fueled and ready as well?” I radioed back. “Almost sir, we are having a bit of trouble but we should get it sorted quickly,” they responded. “Good, we are on a tight schedule here so hurry up.” I turned off my radio and looked back at my computer. All the files look like they have been transferred to our computer at the Outpost on Robo. I checked through one more time.

The way Robo works is unlike any other planet we have. If someone is convicted and sent there, they are split into a Quadrant, or group. There are 4 main groups we have. Group Alpha, Group Bravo, Group Charlie, and Group Delta. Of course, the prisoners don’t call them that. They have their own little names for their groups. I can’t remember what they call them. Anyways, each group has their own tasks to do that contribute to the total workload of the facility. A does the hard work, such as converting the mined materials into usable resources, and is rewarded the most. B does the more easy work, and is the largest group of the bunch. They deal with the actual mining and transportation of those mined minerals. They get decent rewards. C do what is practically chores, such as recalibrating the machines, keeping them in working order, etc. They get basic rewards. D, the last group, are people who have proven themselves capable of handling themselves again, and thus are allowed to roam freely, in allowed areas of course. They receive basic rewards as well. Recently, news has been cropping up that Group B has been acting more violent, and talks of an uprising or revolution have been floating around. It seems the guards are handling themselves for now, but considering that B outnumbers them, I believe something will happen soon. Only time will tell. All it will take is someone to come and tip the balance.

My radio buzzed back to life. “Sir, the ships have been fueled and stocked and are ready to go,” said the guard. “Perfect, I’m on my way,” I said. I stepped out of my office and made my way over to the ships.

I stepped out onto the platform and walked over to the guard. “Hello sir, this is the ship you will be riding in, please step in and take a seat and we will begin our trip to ROBO-234,” they said. “Will do,” I said back. As I was walking in, I noticed that I was riding with the prisoners. ‘Oh, this is going to be awkward,’ I thought. I sat down and let them know we we’re ready. The door closed and I could hear the thrusters spooling up. As that was happening, I turned my attention over to the prisoners, who appeared to be having some sort of conversation. I tried to listen in on what they were saying. “...don’t worry Jack, you’ll be alright.” “I hope you are right buddy, just nothing like that has ever happened to me!” “True, but you gotta stay calm and collected, that is what will get you through this. Trust me.” “Okay, I do.” Their conversation ended and they looked at me. I hadn’t realized I was staring. “Oh sorry, I was just interested in what you were talking about, that’s all,” I said. “If you don’t mind, can I call you guys by your names? It’ll make it a lot easier to understand instead of saying your prisoner ID or whatever,” I added. “Uh sure I don’t mind,” said the Human. “Neither do I,” said the Protogen. “I believe you already know our names, right?” said Jack. “Yes, I do,” I said. “So, what is your name then?” asked Evergreen. “Well I guess there is no harm in telling. Names Germia,” I responded.

We continued talking for a while, getting to know each other, answering questions about what they were most likely to be doing. I didn’t know what they were going to be doing. That is up to the Head of Security at the Outpost. “Anyways, as I was saying-” I was stopped by a call from the cockpit. “Hey, the Head of Security wants to talk to you,” they said. “Alright, I’ll be back, behave yourselves,” I said. I got up and walked over to the cockpit. The Long Distance Radio beeped to life. “Is this Germia?” he asked. “Yes, what is it you want to discuss sir?” I asked. “I want to discuss your arrival, as well as how we are going to deal with a few...problems down here, I’ll fill you in once you arrive. For now, I am sending you the details of where the prisoners are going to be. Take a look if you want, anyways, onto your arrival. Considering the current situation, your arrival will go as normal, just with increased security. I’ve been told that there are also more personnel with you?” he asked. “Yes, we have more people as well,” I said. “Good, besides that, there is nothing else you need to know for now, any questions?” he questioned. “No sir,” I answered. “Good,” he said. The light on the LDR faded away. ‘Hm, I wonder what is going on down there? Most likely something with the prisoners. I hope the situation hasn’t worsened,’ I thought. I walked back over and sat down. “So, what was that all about?” Jack asked. “Oh, just some security stuff, nothing too crazy. Something is happening with the prisoners but they got it all figured out and will have it sorted,” I said confidently. “Are you sure?” asked Evergreen. My expression faltered. “Yeah, I’m sure. Let’s just hope it goes smoothly, for the three of us,” I said.

“We’ll find out soon I guess.”

==========================================

Hey y'all, sorry for the random 2 week lack of updates. Completely forgot about writing, also school as well. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Once again thank you everyone for being so patient with me, and thank you very much for all the votes, reads, and comments. You all have been so supportive and I can’t imagine being here without you guys.

I wonder what will happen? Will they make it safely? Will Jack and Evergreen be seperated? Find out soon!