Interrogation Part 2

I brought the Human over to the interrogation room. It was the same room I used previously with the Protogen. I sat the Human down and thought about how I was going to question him. ‘Should I just do what I did last time? It seemed to work well,’ I thought. “Okay, here is what is going to happen. I’m going to ask you some questions, and you must answer them truthfully. Got it?” I asked. He nodded his head. “Okay good, let’s begin,” I started.

“What is your name?” I said. “Jack,” he answered. “How did you find EG-7531?” I asked. “Well I was going about my business, watching TV and such, when I saw a bright light radiating from the sky. I walked over to my window and watched it fall into the forest. I went out to investigate and here we are now,” he responded. “I see. Are you two connected in some way?” I questioned. “We’ve been friends for awhile now. Ever since I brought him back to my apartment when he crashed here, we got closer and closer,” he said. “Wait, what is going to happen to Evergreen?” he added. “Ah, I was expecting this,” I said. “You were?” he said, confused. “Yes, he just so happened to ask about you as well, you two seem a lot closer than you say,” I stated. His face turned a bit red. “Anyways, as I told him, you will most likely be separated from him,” I finished. “Why?” he questioned. “Well, considering you were in contact with an escapee, and actively helping him, you will be facing the same punishment as he will, which means you will be serving your sentence on a mining planet,” I responded. “I see,” he says, a sad look covering his face. “Okay, well that is all the information I need for now, you stay here and I will be back eventually,” I said.

I left the room and headed towards my office. Considering he is just facing charges, there probably isn’t a file for him. I looked through anyway just to be sure. ‘Nope, nothing,’ I thought. I brought up the file creator and started filling out the information to create his case file.

A few minutes later, I had finished his file. I was adding some finishing touches when I heard a knock on the door. “Come in,” I said. I heard the door open with a creak. I turned and looked over and it was The Boss. “Oh, hello sir!” I stood up. “Hello Germia, just coming here to see how everything is coming along. Is everything coming along okay?” he asked. “Yes, everything is running smooth, just finishing up a case file,” I said. “For whom may I ask?” he said. “Guy called Jack, connected with EG-7531 apparently,” I answered. “Ah, I’m assuming that is the human that we captured along with EG-7531?” he asked. “Yes, you would have assumed correctly sir,” I said. “Good, anyway, I shall leave you to it.” He turned around and walked away. I walked back to the interrogation room.

“Okay, if you would please get up and follow me,” I prompted. Jack got up and started after me. I brought him to the same room that EG-7531 was staying at. “You will be staying here with EG-7531 until you two are transferred to the planet, got it?” I said. He nodded his head. I opened the door and let Jack in. I closed the door. I could hear them talking about how they missed each other. How cute. ‘What? Why am I thinking like that? I can’t sympathize with prisoners! But, they seem so innocent, why are they being charged in the first place? I had no time to think on this though, as I had to figure out which planet they were going to be sent to.

The first planet up on the roster was 4545u7, or Gali, as the locals call it. It was a barren wasteland, or so it seemed, before we uncovered a secret civilization living underground, which also happened to house a lot of resources, so we did what we do best, took the planet by force and set up a mining outpost there. Now, would it be a good fit for them? No, the conditions are very harsh over there. Maybe the next one.

The next planet we have is NBTO-67, or Boro. It was a pretty average planet, with good conditions for life, which there was, plenty of it, just none of it was intelligent. So we took the planet and its resources for ourselves. Would this one be good? No, this one isn’t really used too often.

The last one we have should be perfect though. ROBO-234. Yes, this one is perfect. I heard there was some conflict among the security personnel and the inmates but I'm sure the security can handle themselves.

I marked down ROBO as the planet they would go to and passed it into the system. Now, to wait until we're ready. But the question still remains, do they even deserve this?