A New Life

“...and that’s how I got here!” I joked. The others laughed along with me. “Anyways, I have to prepare for our arrival, so you two sit tight alright?” I asked. Jack and Evergreen nodded. I walked up to the cockpit and sat down. “How close are we?” I questioned. “We are about 15 minutes away sir,” said the Pilot. “Good, arriving just on time as well,” I said. I thought about what was going to happen to the duo. ‘They seemed so innocent to be sent here, but what’s done is done I guess. Wait, didn’t he send me the prisoner locations?’ I thought. I looked through the  computer and saw that there was indeed a file that had been sent. It contained all the placements of the prisoners, and now them as well. It looked like Evergreen was going to Group B, and Jack was going to Group C. I felt bad for them. They are so great together, and seeing them being split up is terrible. ‘I wonder if I can switch their placements,’ I thought to myself.

We landed down on the planet and started to get everything ready. “You two, follow me, I will escort you,” said a guard. “Okay,” they both said in usion. I went in front of them, as I had to greet the Head Security Officer. We walked towards the main security building, where the guards ran the site. The guard escorting us pulled out his keycard and swiped the reader. The light on it turned green and the door slid open. We continued into the building and towards the main office.

“Ah, hello gentlemen, welcome to ROBO, my name is Head Officer Mike. You must be the new prisoners, yes?” He gestured towards Jack and Evergreen. They nodded their heads. “Wonderful, and you must be Germia?” He pointed at me. “Yes. There are details you wanted to fill me in on, if I remember correctly?” I asked. “Yes. As you know, there are some issues regarding the prisoners...I’ll say, cooperation with us, as of late, and it is starting to become an issue with the production of materials. We aren’t exactly sure why, but we feel as though they might be planning some sort of revolution or revolt. Now, usually this wouldn’t be an issue, but with the influx of new prisoners, they are starting to drastically outnumber us,” he said. “I see, and why did I need to know this?” I questioned. “Well you see, we want to request some more security,” he answered. “Uh huh. Well, I’ll see what I can do, but for now, you will be on your own,” I said. “Understood,” he said. “Anyways, I will give a quick briefing of how things work around here,” he started. “Hey, before you start, can I use the computer?” I asked. “Oh, sure, go ahead,” he responded. I gave a thumbs up and walked around to find the main computer. After a bit of walking around, I finally found it. I logged on and found the prisoner placements file. I looked around for Jack and Evergreen until I finally found them. “For you, my friends,” I said aloud.

“Is all of that clear?” Mike asked. I nodded. “Yes,” said Jack. “Good, now, we will escort you to your appropriate barracks. Let’s see here,” he continued. “It looks like both of you will be going into Group B. If you would please follow me,” he said. We walked out of the security building and towards a larger, different building. “Hey Evergreen, where is Germia?” Jack asked. “I don’t know. Last I saw him he was with us,” I said. As soon as I finished saying that, Germia walked up behind us.

We walked into the building and I gasped at the sight. Rows upon rows of rooms, each labeled a different number, lined the walls of the building, and there were many people gathered on the main floor. Before we got there, we had to go through a checkpoint. “Hello, I see we have some new prisoners, what Groups are they?” asked the lady at the desk. “Both of them are Group B,” answered Mike. “Interesting, we don’t usually get pairs of the same Group. This week is full of surprises,” she said. “Yes it is,” replied Mike. “Alright, Group B is down the hall to my right. You can’t miss it, a giant room with a large statue in the middle, good luck!” she said. We made our way down to the hall and found ourselves at the Group B building. Here, there were even more people moving about. “Alright boys, this is where you’ll be staying, work begins in 2 days. Here is your room key. Any questions?” he asked. We shook our heads. “Alright then, good luck boys.” With that, he turned around and left us. Germia followed suit. “So, what room do we have?” asked Jack. “Looks like we have room 402. Is there a map of some sorts or?” I said. “Let’s look around and see if we can find one.” Jack started to look around. I followed close by. Some people that were here gave us stares. “Ah, here we go,” said Jack. I looked where Jack was looking and lo and behold, a map. “Our room is just down this main room and up on the 2nd floor and to the left, perfect,” I said. “Alright, let’s get a move on then,” he said.

We made our way to the room and settled in. It was nothing fancy, just a basic room with basic things. It reminded me a bit of Jack’s apartment, if his apartment was smaller. At least it had a view. “Finally, a bit of privacy. How’ve you been holding up buddy?” I asked Jack. “Alright I guess, still a little shocked as to all that has happened,” he responded. I laughed. “I would be too if this was a first for me,” I said. He laughed as well. “Anyways, it’s kinda late, ready to go to bed?” I said. “Yes,” he answered. We got in the bed, which was rather small. After what had felt like an eternity, we finally cuddled once more, and I let the sound of silence carry me off to sleep.