The Revolution (Part 2)

Okay, the first thing he wanted us to do was “scope out potential escape routes”. That should be easy enough. We walked around the area we were permitted to be in at the time, looking for anything that could be an escape route. “We are going to have to sneak out at a later time to keep looking,” I said. “Yup. Don’t worry, I have some tricks up my fur for when that time comes,” said Evergreen, a smirk appearing on his visor. As we were walking around, we passed a few interesting looking builds. One was marked with strange markings, none that resembled anything that currently resides here. “Hey, do you see that building over there?” I asked. “The one with the strange markings?” he responded. “Yeah, we should go check it out, see if there are any potential escape routes, or something else,” I said. “Your call,” he said. We walked over to the building. “WARNING: OFF LIMITS! DO NOT GO INSIDE!” “You know, that warning sign seems to be trying to warn us about something,” I joked. “Are you sure? I mean there is probably a reason that warning is there,” he reasoned. “Oh come on, what’s the worst that can happen?” I said. “Something bad probably,” he said.

We ventured inside and found more of those strange markings. “This is so strange, I wonder if these are from beings who lived here previously or,” he paused nervously, “Something living here now.” “Oh come on, lighten up, I bet it’s nothing. Probably just some old mark-” I got cut off by the sound of something up ahead. “Did you hear that? It sounded like something falling onto the metal,” Evergreen said. Suddenly, this tunnel was feeling a lot more claustrophobic than before. “Hey, I think we should get out of here,” I asked. I started to regret coming in here in the first place. “No, let’s continue on, we need to complete our objective, remember?” he stated. I looked at him with a worried expression. “Here, stay close to me, and if something tries to attack us, I’ll protect you, alright?” He wrapped his tail around my waist to keep me close. “All right, let’s go.” We continued further into the tunnel.

Eventually, we came upon a door. I tried opening it. “Damn, locked,” I sighed. I looked over at Evergreen. He seemed to be thinking about something, but what? ‘Probably how to open the door,’ I thought. “We should probably turn back, considering this door is locked and we have other things we need to check off of this list,” he said. ‘Oh, nevermind,’ I thought. “You’re probably right, let’s get going.” I started off back towards the entrance to the tunnel. Evergreen quickly followed suit. We arrived back at the entrance shortly after. A voice suddenly came onto the PA system. “Remember, prisoners seen in restricted areas without authorization are subject to questioning and or termination.” Well, it looks like we would have to be careful about where we go. We continued around the area, scoping out potential escape routes. Once we finished that, we checked back on our list. “Next up, locate the control room,” I read. “Control room?” he questioned. “Probably where all their security systems and what not reside,” I answered. “Right, okay,” he said. “Now, how are we going to do that?” I asked.

‘Maybe staying on this planet was not a good idea,’ I thought. After leaving Evergreen and Jack, I was going to head back to the station, but I decided to stick around for a bit. I thought that maybe while they waited for reinforcements, I’d stick around to help supervise the operation. “Man, nothing ever really happens around here,” I said aloud. I clicked through the security cameras to make sure everyone was staying in check, that is until I saw Evergreen and Jack. ‘Now what are you two up to?’ I thought. They seemed to be discussing something on a sheet of paper. I zoomed in on the paper. ‘It looks like a list of some sort.’ I tried to make out the words. ‘It looks like...scout escape routes, locate control room, scout guard patrols, and place...something.’ I couldn’t make out the rest of what that says. So they are working with the revolution, interesting. ‘I should help them somehow...oh, I know!’ I looked up a map layout of the facility and a map of the guard’s patrols and times, as well as some high clearance keycards just in case. I saved them to an External Stick Drive. ‘I need to send a message somehow to give them this information. I wonder if I could...’ I opened up a new window and started to try to hack into Evergreen’s visor. After a minute, I was able to get in long enough to send one message. “Godspeed,” I said. I took the ESD and headed out to the location.

“Woah, what the?” said Evergreen suddenly. “What? What happened buddy?” I questioned. “A message just appeared on my visor,” he said. “Strange, what did it say?” I said. “Meet at 2nd floor Courtyard, Find number 402, Give password ‘Change’. See you in 1 hour,“ read Evergreen. “You think it’s trustworthy?” I asked. “No harm in finding out, let’s get ready,” he said. I hope this isn’t a setup, or something worse. For our sake, and for Evergreen’s sake.

=======================================================

Ah, it’s good to be back. I missed you all! I see the story has been doing great, and that is wonderful to see. Thank you for your patience with me, I really appreciate it. Now since I’ve not written in 2 months, I might be a little rusty, so if you notice anything, let me know in the comments.

I wonder what that door leads to?

Also, sorry for the extra delay, forgot to charge my tablet, as that is what I usually write on (for whatever reason). Anyways, enjoy the chapter and have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening whatever!