Chapter 5 - Konoha, under attack

Pakkun's POV

--------------------------

I watched as Emi plodded off, back to Kakashi's. my heart melted. There were no words that could describe my feelings for her. I loved her. We'd barley known each other a few days but the very first second I set my sights on her, I knew she was the one for me. I loved how she appeared like more of a creature of the night than a dog, but still a dog. I liked the way her left ear was straight and pointy while her right ear was straight until half way up, it droops over slightly, showing of the mysterious hole through her ear. Her big, brown eyes sparkled in the light and seemed to glow red in the dark, she had a pretty face, for a dog of her kind, and those teeth. I know to keep my distance from those blades of certain death, but to be totally honest, Emi doesn't seem like the one to lash out. Her fur was long and silky, snowy white with black paws and underbelly. The ends of her ears and tail were also black. She was impressive.

I found myself drooling, literally! Oh well, my breed of dog do seem to have been "blessed" with the drooling. I wiped my mouth and took my eyes off of Emi.

'I'll get her some flowers!' I grinned, searching for some daisys or roses. I must've circled that field three times, but still, I found no flowers. Until suddenly I came across some weeds with these little pink flowers coming off of them. These look nice, I'm sure Emi-chan will like them! I thought, pulling them out of the ground with my teeth, before running in after her.

'Emi!' I barked. A surprised Emi turned around, her eyes widened as I tried to slow down. Unfortunately that failed, with a capital F...

Emi and I flew across the ground before landing in the dirt and being rolled around a few times. Well when I say we, I mean Emi. Since she was bigger than me, she managed to wrap her paws around my small body and protect me from harm as we, I mean she, made contact with the floor. After we finished rolling in the dirt, we began coughing and Emi let me go.

'P-Pakkun. Are you alright?' She panted. I nearly faints right there, and then, but I managed to stay conscious and keep my cool. Well sort of.

'E-Emi! I-I'm so sorry! Are you okay?! Are you hurt, wait here! I'll get help!' I panicked. I was about to run off when she put her paw on my tail, stopping me from going anywhere.

'Don't worry Pakkun, I'm fine. I'm more worried about you,' she panted. My eyes widened and I stared at her. She was more worried about m-me rather than herself? Did that mean that she c-cared about...me?

'Pakkun!? Are you alright?' She asked again. I blinked an brought myself back to reality.

'Um, yes, yes I am...okay. A-Arigato Emi-chan,' I said. Emi struggled to her feet so I helped her up my supporting her.

'Emi? Pakkun? We need to go, now!' I hear Kakashi yell. Emi limped on, taking her weight off of me.

'Emi!' I gasped, rushing to her side as she fell. She bared her teeth in the frustration to get up. I watched her sadly, wishing I was bigger, so I could help her.

'Damn!' She barked. I caught a glimpse of pain in her eyes, something I'd never seen before. She stopped struggling and her ears pricked up. She stayed completely still, her eyes wide and all of a sudden, she flinched and yelped out in pain.

'MASTER KAKASHI!' I barked, running towards the apartment when all of a sudden, I heard an explosion. I stopped in my tacks and turned to see the sky turning black, as a giant fireball flew out of the sky from no where. Emi lay frozen where she'd fallen. I ran back to here as the second explosion hit. Kakashi soon ran out towards us.

'What are you two doing?! Can't you see we're under attack?! Come on we need to move, Emi, come with me, Pakkun, I'll summon you if I need your help. Now lets go!' He ordered. I glanced at Emi who seemed to have come out of her trance. She pulled herself up and ran, limping occasionally, after Kakashi, as if all she'd needed was a call from her master to get her motivated.

'Master Kakashi, don't let her get hurt,' I said sadly.

----------------------

Emi's POV

---

I ran after Kakashi, my heart racing.

'Master?' I asked, dodging and jumping over falling debris. 'What's going on? I don't understand,'

'Konoha is under attack, and I've recieves orders to help out and find the wounded and trapped, that's why I need you, girl. You've got a good nose on you, so if you pick up any scent that is human, tell me,' Kakashi said. I nodded and began sniffing the air. I picked up two scents, both human and another unusual scent, but you could sense the danger there. I turned and ran toward the direction if the three different smell, barking to alert Kakashi. He followed and soon we slowed down, to come across a man with a scar across his nose helping a wounded Shinobi. When suddenly, a man in a black cloak with red clouds appeared.

'Where is the Nine Tails?' His cold and icy voice demanded. The Shinobi answered back firmly.

'I'll never tell you!' He refused.

'Well, time for you to die...' The man in the close said, about to stab the Shinobi with a sharp black rod.

'Not so fast, your fight is with me...Pain,' my master Kakashi Hatake, said grabbing the man's black rod. My heart melted and from that second, I only realized how much I loved Kakashi Hatake....