Chapter 2 - My new master

---2---

I padded along after Kakashi, stopping to sniff at the ground or scratch myself. Since I'd turned into a dog, I'd picked up some pretty weird habits. I sighed out loud and Kakashi stopped.

'Alright Emi?' He asked worriedly. I tried to grin but then I remembered that I was now an animal and you don't really see animals grinning at you these days. So I just nodded instead.

We kept on walking and soon, I found myself walking through the buzzing streets of a village. I looked around, puzzled. What is this place?

'Um, Kakashi?'

'Hmmm?'

'Where are we?'

'This is Konoha, my village,' he grinned and carried on walking. We made it to a less busier area of the village and a block of small flats stood just ahead. I hesitated as I felt a twist in my stomach. I don't remember doing this but I let out a whine and Kakashi turned around.

'What is it girl?' He asked crouching down and stroking me again. I shivered and snapped at him. He edged back, taken back a little. I immediately felt bad. I'd never meant to snap at him! All he'd done was be kind to me and I'd just barred my teeth at him! I shook my head in apology and opened my mouth to speak.

'Gomenasai Kakashi! But I have to go!' I whimpered. He looked confused for a second but then it clicked.

'Ahh! Yeah, um sure,' he said holding his hands up in defense. I glared at him when he didn't turn around. He realized my death glare was at him and he chuckle to himself.

'Okay, okay! I'm not looking, see?' He chuckled pulling his headband over both his eyes ad turned around. I nodded and ran off to find a bush. I was a dog now! I shouldn't care about this sorta stuff but I guess my human instincts were still as sharp as ever.

I sighed with relief when the twist in my stomach disappeared and I came out of the bush. Glad I'd gotten that out of y system! I plodded over to Kakashi who had now removed his headband and put it back to its rightful position. He smiled awkwardly.

'I'm just glad you didn't do it in the house!' He chuckled. I made a grunting sound, my new way of laughing sarcastically and I followed him up to the apartments. He fished about in his pocket, searching for his keys and then he opened the door.

'After you Emi,' he said. I hesitated but strolled in, sniffing and taking in my new surroundings. Kakashi closed the door and wandered into the kitchen. I felt my tail wag with delight as Kakashi came out from the kitchen, holding some juicy bacon. Ooohhh bacon!

'It's leftovers from this morning but I'm sure you won't mind, right?' He said placing it on a plate in front of me.

I ignored the rhetorical question and dug into my bacon. If I were still human, that one piece of thin bacon would never have been enough, but now that I was a dog, it was just enough to keep me going until dinner.

Kakashi clapped his hands at me, a command which told me to follow, so I did. He lead me up the stairs and into what might've been his bedroom. He told me to sit so I sat myself down obediently at the door, while he rummaged down his closet.

'Here we go!' He said pulling out what looked like an old tattered do basket. I sweat dropped. I had to sleep in that? Great. I sighed quietly, as not to offend Kakashi. He grinned and patted the basket.

'Why don't you try it out, girl,' he suggested. I reluctantly padded over and stepped into the doggy bed. It was surprisingly comfortable and I found myself dozing off after about thirty seconds. I heard Kakashi sigh but I felt him put a blanket over me. I heard him get up and leave the room, before quietly closing the door behind him.

'Night Emi,' he mumbled and the door closed. I opened one eye and smiled, nuzzling my face into the soft, tattered bed. Night Kakashi...

--------------------------------------------------------

For this of you reading this fan fic, here's an update enjoy ^^