Chapter 16 - I think we're in love

---16---

It felt like our time in the Sand Village had lasted forever, but like all good things, it eventually came to an end. I'd grown quite fond of my brother-in-law and my niece and nephew, and of course, my sister. It would be a pain not seeing her for a while, but the Leaf and Sand were only a few hours apart, a day or so of non-stop travelling.

Aya came to see us off with the whole family. It was a nice but a hard goodbye. I promised the kids I'd be back soon, or that they could come and visit in the Leaf. They seemed pretty pleased about that. I gave Hikaru a hug and then turned to my sister.

'Emi,' she breathed, and then embraced me.

'Gosh, I'm gonna miss you,' I laughed, hugging her back. I heard Kakashi saying his own goodbye's. Then I remembered something.

'Aya, I have to tell you something. It's about Kakashi and I,' I whispered. A smile appeared on her face and she jumped up and down.

'You two are together!' she laughed. 'I hope he's the right one for you, Em,'

'What do you mean?' I asked. My sister raised her bandaged right arm and used it to touch just below her left shoulder.

'You'll see the day you wear white,' she smiled, closing her eyes. I blinked, confused at this.

'Emi, it's time to go,' Kakashi smiled from under his mask. Though it hurt to leave my family behind here in Suna, I was glad that I had something, or someone to go back for.

I gave my sister one last hug and bid my family farewell, before setting out of the village gates and heading home to Konoha, Temari and Kankuro leading us back. This time, I'd learnt how to run on chakra, so there was no need for me to rely on my shape-shifting abilities. We travelled back to Konoha in no time, and I was glad to be back home. Temari and Kankuro waved us off and we turned and headed back into Konoha's giant gates.

We'd just walked in the door when Kakashi told me to get ready. I looked at him, puzzled.

'Where are we going?' I asked him.

'I'm taking you out,' he laughed. I raised an eyebrow.

'Out? What for? We just got back from the Sand Village and you wanna go out again?' I asked. He nodded and took my hand, leading me out of the door and closing it behind him. He didn't let go of my hand and he lead me through the village. We stopped off at some clothe stores and I could pick out what I wanted. I came out of the store in a completely new and cool outfit.

I got a new white kimono vest, which was sleeveless. Over my kimono top, I wore this short sleeved zip up hoodie. I got a pair of black pants,  bit like Kakashi's but with a silver firey design down the right leg. I got some sandals like Kakashi's and bandages for my legs and arms. In the end, I look pretty decent. I then find this colorful ribbon thingy and I tie it around my left arm.

Kakashi approves of my new look and treats me to the ramen he'd promised me when we left Konoha.

He bought me this huge bowl of ramen but didn't have anything himself.

'Hey, aren't you going to get something?' I asked, slurping up some of the noodles. Kakashi shakes his head.

'Not hungry,' he grins from under his mask. I raise an eyebrow at him. He's not going to take that mask off, that's why he's not eating anything.

'What's your favorite ramen?' I asked him, smiling.

'Any, I don't really mind,' he grins. I turn to the woman behind the counter.

'Can we have this to go please and a miso ramen, please?' I ask with a grin. She bows her head and starts on my order.

'If you won't eat here, we'll eat at home,' I smiled, sliding off my stool and picking up the order, I thanked them and started walking out. Kakashi laughed to himself and paid, before thanking them and following me out.

We made it home and we sat down on the floor. At first he refused to eat again.

'I have seen your face Kakashi, you don't look that bad,' I joked with him. In the end he gave in, and I know how gross and mushy this sounds, but we ended up feeding each other mouthfuls of the ramen.

'Quit being so stubborn and open wide,' I laughed, nearly spilling some of the soup on the carpet.

Kakashi sighed and pulled down his mask and let me feed him. He fed me a couple of mouthfuls before we started laughing for absolutely no reason. Then I just lay back on him and snuggled up into his arms, which were wrapped strongly but gently around me. Kakashi kissed the top of my head and rubbed my shoulder. I snuggled back into him, smiling. If I was definitely dead, then this was heaven!

'Hey Kakashi,' I started.

'Emi?'

'I think we're in love,' I breathe.

'I think we are,' he chuckles, kissing me again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here we go people ^^ enjoy and leave comments! arigato and stay awesome readers! ^^~Georgie