Chapter 17 - Anniversary

---17---

Just to let you guys know, there has been a time-skip of one year and I'm not planning on following much more of the Naruto plot. XD sorry >.< But I've made up for it with a surprise at the end of the chapter ^^ xD stay awesome readers, Arigato! ~Georgie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand by the mirror, admiring my Shinobi uniform. Finally, it had taken less than a year, and I was already Jounin S-ranked. I was living up to the high standards that my older twin sister, Aya had set for me. But my journey wasn't over yet, I was currently training to become an ANBU.

I pulled on my Jounin jacket and smiled at myself. I looked pretty good, and to top it off, I reached for my Konoha Leaf Headband. I tied it around my forehead and stared at my reflection once more. I couldn't believe it.

'Emi? You ready?' Kakashi called. I hesitated as a tight knot formed in the pit of my stomach again, oh dear... I ran to the bathroom and shut the door, before puking in the toilet. Lovely.

'Emi?!' Kakashi appeared at my side and held my hair back for me.

'Again?' Kakashi asked softly. I nodded, sighing, finally over my little puke party. I was about to wipe my mouth when I felt the knot again. I threw my arms in to clutch my stomach and I found myself puking again.

'Maybe you should give it a miss today, besides, the mission is an over-night thing, I don't think you're up to it,' Kakashi said softly, rubbing my back. I coughed a bit and nodded, my head spinning. Kakashi lead me into my room and helped me get ready, before he tucked me in like a little kid and gave me a quick kiss.

'Love you,' he smiled from under the mask.

'Love you too, honey,' I smiled. I watched him leave, closing my door as he left. I heard him shuffeling around in the kitchen for a while. Soon he came back in, with some lunch made out for me.

'I figured you'd get a bit hungry,' he said, leaving it beside my bed.

'I'll try not to barf it back up,' I laughed as he leant in and gave me a kiss on my head.

'Will you be back for tomorrow?' I asked, sitting up slightly.

'I'll be back before you wake up,' he answered, smiling again. 'Love you,'

'Love you too,' I smiled. And then he was gone. I heard him locking the front door for me. I smiled. I've never loved someone like I love him. Even though he'd only be gone for a day and a night, it still broke my heart. Tomorrow was the one year anniversary of us being together, and we'd agreed to get each other gifts. But I'd really been struggling with Kakashi's gift, and I only had a few hours left, plus being this sick didn't exactly make it any easier. I lay in bed for a while, debating about what I should do.

I ate some lunch first, and waited a bit to see if I'd end up throwing it all up again, but thankfully, I didn't. That was my cue to go out and look for Kakashi's present. I put on my old tracksuit bottoms which I'd first found myself in when I returned to my human form, and my high tops too. Still got a few weird looks when ever I wore them out, but hey, they were comfy! I put on this vesty top and went and picked out one of Kakashi's sweaters. It looked huge on me but I didn't exactly care.

I grabbed some money and quickly went out. I rushed in and out of stores, searching for something that would be good enough for him. I found one store which sold this cool glass looking thingy, where your name or some words were carved into it with a little picture or symbol at the bottom.

'Excuse me, but how long do these take to do?' I asked the woman at the counter.

'Normally two to three days,' she replied with a smile.

'Oh, right,' I sighed. Her smile disappeared and she tilted her head slightly.

'What's the matter?' she asked.

'It's just tomorrow is the one year anniversary of myself and my boyfriend being together and I've been looking everywhere for a gift, and now I find one, it's too late!' I explain.

'Oh,' she says, looking down. 'I see. I can have a look and see if it can be done for tomorrow, would that help?'

'Yes, yes it would, arigato,' I huffed, clutching my stomach. Oh no, that knot again...

'Are you alright, miss?!' she asked as I dropped to my knees. She rushed around the side of the counter and appeared at my side.

'It's fine, it's been happening for a while now,' I breathe. I find myself breaking into a cold sweat and my breathing is heavier, though it seems harder to breathe.

'We have to get you to the hospital, you look awful!' she mumbles. 'Wait here just one second, my sister is a medic ninja, she'll know what to do,'

The kind woman disappears for a brief moment and I'm left there on the floor, clutching my stomach, trying not to hurl everywhere. Suddenly, she reappaers with another woman, a little older, maybe 29?

'Here she is!'

'Right,' the sister crouches by me and helps me lay up against the counter.

'What's your name?' she asks.

'Emi, Emi Funkai,' I wince.

'I'm Kira, and that's my sister Neva. Okay, now tell me Emi, where does it hurt?' Kira asks. I point to my lower stomach and she begins using her medical ninjutsu. I feel slightly better already as she carries on healing.

'Thank you,' I mumble.

'It's fine Emi, but we really need to get you to the hospital,' Kira smiles softly. I put my hands over my mouth.

'I think I'm gonna hurl,' I manage. Neva's eyes widen and she rushes off before returning with a bucket.

'In here, Emi!' she says, placing it in front of me. I grab the bucket. Just in time. Kira and Neva wait for me to stop.

'Are you able to stand and walk for a bit now, Emi? We're going to try and get you to the hospital,' Neva tells me. I nod and they help me to my feet. Neva closes up the shop and the two sisters help me to the hospital. They wait with me in the Emergancy room and even come in with me.

I find myself in my own hospital room, in bed, with a drip. The doctor enters the room and comes up to me. Beside me sit the two sisters, my newest friends.

'Miss Funkai, your condition is stable but we're going to keep you in over night,' the doctor starts.

'But what about Kakashi?' I ask.

'Your husband, I presume?' the doctor asks, smiling. I shake my head.

'My boyfriend, together for 1 year tomorrow,' I smile. The doctor's face lights up.

'Aw, how sweet. Have you got him anything?' she asks. I shake my head.

'I was about to, but then this all happened, so I guess, no, not really,' I said, slightly disappointed.

'Really? I think you may have to change your mind about that, Miss Funkai,' the doctor chuckled to herself. I raised an eyebrow.

'What do you mean?' I asked. The doctor smiled at me and edged a little closer.

'Congratulations Miss Funkai, you're pregnant!'