Chapter 12 - N-N-NANI?!

---12---

I lay in bed, half asleep, listening to the sound of villagers outside and birds singing to each other. I opened one eye and yawned. I slowly sat up, rubbing both eyes before getting out of bed. I stumbled over to the window and looked out. I watched the youngsters running around, the squads, old and new, all training with their Sensei's. Then I saw him and my heart flipped like a pancake...

Kakashi was heading back from the giant gates, along with Naruto and Sakura. Just back from their latest mission, been gone for nearly a week now. I smiled to myself. I'd been alone for nearly a week now and I had to admit, it was getting pretty lonely without Kakashi. They all looked pretty exhausted. I rushed out of the room, pulling on some big t-shirt, probably one of Kakashi's and rushed out the door and into the middle of the village. I stood grinning like a made person, only to find myself face to face with Kakashi. I blushed like mad when I realised how close I was standing to him, literally on him! I'd nearly knocked him over when I rushed out.

'Emi? I didn't think you'd be up yet,' he mumbled. I stepped back and looked down. 'Wait, is that my shirt?'

I sweat dropped and blushed again.

'No! Well....um.....maybe? It was the first thing I could find!' I tried, defending myself. Kakashi shrugged and smiled at me from under his mask.

'And what are you doing up then? Planning to go somewhere?' he tried. I gulped silently. Naruto and Sakura stood beside him. Sakura was smiling to herself and Naruto was giggling to himself. Both of them made me blush more and I became more nervous.

'I was...uh, going to the Yamanaka Flower shop.....to buy some....uh to buy some breakfast! Yeah, breakfast!' I stammered, giving them a closed eyed smile. Kakashi raised an eyebrow, still smiling.

'You were going the the flower shop to get breakfast? Emi, are you sure about that? Or were you just coming to see....I dunno, me?' he asked, leaning closer. I sighed in defeat and looked down.

'Yeah, I was coming to see you, I guess, but it doesn't mean any-'

I was cut off in mid sentence, my eyes wide and my heart beat coming to a complete standstill, before racing off again. I found Kakashi's masked lips on mine, cutting me off. I blinked for a second, not sure how to react, but I found myself loose all awareness of everything and everyone around me, and pretty soon, I was kissing him back.

After a couple of amazing seconds that seemed like forever and a day, I pulled away, blushing madly.

'I'm sorry, what were you going to say, Emi?' Kakashi asked.

'That it didn't mean anything, but maybe, I should re-think that one too, huh?' I blushed to myself. Kakashi smiled and led me inside, arm around my shoulders, leaving Sakura to whack a giggling Naruto over the head.

We went upstairs and Kakashi told me to sit down on the sofa.

'What do you want for breakfast?' he asked, strolling into the kitchen.

'Whatever. But you should make it quick,' I addded. Kakashi peered into the morning room.

'Huh? Why?' he asked, curious.

'Lady Tsunade wants to see me about something, she requested that you come with me, after you get back. Apparently it's quite important and involves the both of us,' I told him.

Kakashi looked unsure for a moment, then he sighed and agreed.

'Alright then Emi, we'll head out as soon as we've had something to eat,'

-----------

We walked through the streets in an awkward silence. My mind was still trying to make sense of all that had happened. He'd just leant in and kissed me, right then! But he hadn't said anything about it since. I didn't really want to start a conversation about it myself, since I made a right fool of myself before, trying to pretend that I was going out to get breakfast. I sighed out loud, not meaning for Kakashi to hear but with my luck, he did.

'Emi?' he asked.

'Nothing, don't worry,' I mumbled. We carried on walking until we reached the Hokage's building. We were led inside by another Shinobi and waited outside Tsunade's office. I fiddled with my thumbs while Kakashi watched me. I looked down, blushing slightly, trying to pretend that I hadn't noticed him.

'Emi, we need to talk,' he started. I closed my eyes tight. No we don't, we really don't! Suddenly the Hokage's office doors slid open and Tsunade stood at the doorway.

'Emi, Kakashi, good of you to come. Come in and take a seat,' she said, turning on her heels and rushing into the room. I got up and walked in, followed by Kakashi. I took a seat while Kakashi remained standing behind me, his arms folded against his chest. Tsunade closed the door and locked it. I looked at it worridly and she smiled at me.

'No need to worry, I just don't want anyone to disturb us,' she smiled. I relaxed a bit but as soon as she sat down, her face turned stone hard, making me nervous once again.

'Emi, the last time we spoke, you told me a bit about yourself,'

'Yes,'

'And Kakashi told me some information about how you came to be in Konoha. Since then I've done some research and it is clear to me now, that you must've come from another world or something. Crazy as it sounds I know, and I was shocked, but that wasn't the thing that really, really shocked me. No, I've found out some information that I think you'll be interested to know Emi,' the Hokage said, sliding a file with TOP SECRET printed on the cover in red ink. I put my hand on it, unsure and Tsunade nodded at me. I gulped and picked up the file, slowly opening it and began reading its contents. It was all about my family, my clan. Apparently, the Funkai family had been in Konoha before, then they suddenly disappeared, without a trace.

I looked at Tsunade, after reading a little of the file.

'Before you read on, there's something important you need to know Emi, the reason why I called you here,' Tsunade said, standing up.

I gripped my fists together and sat forwards in the chair. Tsunade looked down for a second, as if she didn't know the right words to say. Then she looked up, a hard expression on her face. Then her words followed, they were soft despite her expression and they soon echoed around my head, as everything else drowned out.

'Emi, we have proof that your sister Aya is alive,'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you all think? Plot twist no jutsu or what? xD sorry for the long updates but summer break is just 2 weeks away so stories are gonna be updated so much more often! Hope you enjoyed the chappy! Stay awesome and arigato readers -Georgie ^^