Chapter 7 - Emi, was your Fate inevitably Death?

3rd Person POV

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emi lay by her dead master, she too, slowly fading away into the darkness. She had fallen...

By now, Lady Tsunade's slugs had made their way all over Konoha and were healing the wounded and saving the dying. One made its way to where the Hatake and his dog lay. Lady Tsunade's eyes widened and she stopped, standing up and walking outside. Was he really...Kakashi? No! Impossible! He was a former ANBU, one of Konoha's Elite ninja! He couldn't have fallen...

Her thoughts were interrupted by Choji, who brought her news of their enemy. She thanked him and assured him that Choza, his father, would be just fine.

'And Kakashi Sensei?' Choji asked. Tsunade froze and clenched her fists.

'Hurry Choji, go and help the wounded,' she responded, her tone icy and cold. She returned to her office and continued to use her medical ninjutsu to cure her village, she wouldn't give up on them, nor would she give up on Kakashi!

---

Kakashi's eyes opened wide and he flinched as he sat up, finding himself removed from the rubble and alive and safe on the ground. He saw a slug on his shoulder and found himself getting stronger. He looked around, something was missing but what?

He saw two Shinobi and a slug kneeling down tending to what may have been an animal. Kakashi struggled to his feet and ran to where the Shinobi were kneeling.

He pushed passed and dropped to his knees when he saw his loyal companion laying lifeless upon the dirty ground, covered in dirt, scratches, bruises and cuts. His heart saddened.

'Emi,' he thought sadly, stroking the dog's ears. The two Shinobi gave Kakashi some space while he stroked his dog. There had been something about Emi, something that made her nearly human. The day the'd first crossed paths, and when she told him to look away while she did her thing in the bushes, that would've been the reaction of a human, not a dog. He patted her back and gently picked up the body. She flopped over him like a rag folk and he bowed his head. He hugged his dog, closing his eyes and said his final goodbyes.

While Kakashi hugged the dead dog, the body began to glow faintly. Kakashi felt the body get heavier, but he shook it off, probably assuming that it was because he was tired. Emi's dog face slowly turned back into her perfect human face, with her long white hair and black tips and streaks. Her body grew out and she began to glow bright white as she transformed. She lay in Kakashi's arms, her hair all over her face, messy and knotted, wearing black track suits and high tops, a hoodie with the holes from her injuries that claimed her life before. Kakashi opened his eyes just to see her left paw turn back into a human hand and finish glowing white. He stopped and blinked, looking down at the girl he held in his arms. What...jut happened to Emi....?

'Help! Another casualty!' Kakashi called to the Shinobi.

'Master Kakashi! The dog?' They asked. Kakashi nodded at the girl in his arms and he set her down gently. The Shinobi got to work with their medical ninjutsu.

'We'll have to take her, you must go and find Naruto,'

'Wait!' Kakashi said as they were about to leave with the girl.

'Yes Sir?'

'Take care of her, alright? If that's who I think it is, then she means a lot to me. Do whatever it takes to save her,' Kakashi said before leaving. He took one last glance at the girl.

'Don't die yet, Emi!' He whispered.