Chapter 6 - The Master vs. The God

---6---

I waited upon the ledge I had been left on, watching in awe as my Master stood up to the man with death on his side. My heart began racing, not really because I was scared or because I was feeling fear, but because I felt a strange tingly feeling, a feeling I hadn't felt since my first crush, only it was more powerful, so much more stronger than that, it was a feeling known to man as love...something I hadn't felt since I'd died...

'Where is the Nine Tails?' the man demanded. Kakashi scowled at him.

'You're wrong to think that I'd tell you. Because this village, and all its villagers, are different from any other village. Not one of us here, even if it risked or cost us our lives, would never sell out a comrade,'

'Hmmm, very well. Kakashi Hatake, the Copy Ninja,' the man said. 'Prepare to feel Pain!'

I snarled from where I was hiding. He wouldn't dare to lay a finger on my Master! No way! I crept forward, ready to jump into action when my Master needed me. I was no longer that pathetic pup who'd ran away from Sai's dogs, I was now a dog, with the strength and fearlessness of a wolf, ready to hunt, kill and protect my Master.

The man's black rod snapped in Kakashi's hands and he went for a kick. Kakashi dodged it easily and peformed hand signs and placed his palms on the floor.

'Earth Style! Mud Wall!' he yelled as a giant mud wall came up out of no where. The man pulled back his right arm and another black rod appeared from his sleeve, a sharper one. My eyes widened and I lundged, only too late but to see my Master get stabbed in the shoulder. I took my own hiding spot by a wall and watched as Kakashi struck back with his Lightning Blade. He had a perfect aim, but something put him off and the man narrowly avoiding the blow.

'Kakashi, you fight well...' the man said emotionessly. I narrowed my eyes and snarled.

'Now where is the Nine Tails?'

'That...is a stupid question, Pain!' Kakashi said, trying for another hit. He was about to hit that damn guy when he was blown back by some incredible force, that sent me flying too. It triggered a large explosion and brought down Kakashi's mud wall and a large clump of it landed on my fox-like tail, trapping me briefly. I slashed away at it with my sharp claws and it came away easily, considering that it was made of mud. I thought I was out of the woods until I was burried under a pile of rubble.

I lay there, unable to move, only able to listen to what was going on above me. I heard the Lighting blade again and the snarls of other dogs, but they soon faded. Suddenly, there was a loud thud and  some of the rubble on top of me loosened. I used this as my oppertunity to try and get out. I struggled against the heavy rubble and debris. I heard the sound of rockets and Kakashi's Lightning blade once again. I struggled more until I felt a strong force and the rubble was blown off of me like it weighed nothing. My eyes widened and I dug my claws deep into the ground, as another wierd looking mad guy appeared with a giant jagged blade coming out of his back. Kakashi had thrown a chain back which had round its way around a boulder. He was struggling to keep his grip and soon the force became stronger.

'Kakashi!' I barked. He looked over, his left eye was red and had a scar. It was the first time I'd seen behind the head band her wore over it. His eye widened and he let go.

'Emi!?' he gasped, flying towards the blade. I gritted my teeth in anger. No!

'NO!' I barked, letting go too. Kakashi hit the blade bang smack in the middle, and I was soon to share his fate, when he started to turn into lightning and faded away. The pulling force stopped and I struggled to stand up. Suddenly two giant fists smashed down on the back blade guy, crushing him like a pea. Pain got away though. I struggled to my feet and rested against a rock.