Chapter 8- A Heart that Fails and a Mind that is Lost...

---8---

3rd person POV

--

The girl was rushed to Konoha's hospital, or what was left of it... Sakura Haruno was tending to the wounded when the Shinobi brought Emi to her.

'Sakura, please, this girl's on the brink of death, is there anything you can do for her!?' The Shinobi cried.

Sakura's eyes widened.

'Set her down here! Quickly and carefully!' She ordered. Sakura began removing the girl's jacket and found old wounds which seemed to have re-opened. She examined the body and found some broken ribs and a broken leg, and a fresh wound which had pierced her chest. Sakura began to stop the bleeding and had two other medic Ninja to clean out the old wounds and stitch them up and tend to the broken bones. Frantically, Sakura tried to heal the girl's heart, which was slowly failing...

'Damn! Don't you die on me,' she thought as the girl's breathing slowed down. Sweat beads lined Sakura's brow as she worked, the heart monitor beeping beside her.

'I need help with this one! Her heart is failing!' She cried as more med Ninja rushed to her side. They all frantically tried to save the mysterious girl, who seemed to be the same age as a certain silver haired Shinobi...

---------------

...Weeks Later...

Kakashi sat by the girl's side, a million questions buzzing in his mind. Who was she? Where was she from? What happened to Emi? He looked at the girl. She lay there, pale and breathing heavy, with little life left in her. She'd been put on a life machine, and she seemed to be in a coma, since she hasn't woken in weeks. Kakashi would've left but he felt that something drew him to her, a sense of mystery and curiosity but a few other feelings that he'd never felt before.

He sighed and was about to leave and go help clearing and rebuild the village when he saw her hand move slightly. He stopped and watched, his eye wide again. She began to glow a faint white, like she had when she'd somehow appeared in his arms...

Suddenly she stopped glowing and slowly, her breathing began to pick up. Her body seemed to turn back on slowly until her eyes flickered open. They were a deep purple, and if you stared too long you'd get lost in them. They looked around sleepily, and the girl struggled to sit up. She made it up before tensing and falling back. Kakashi rushed to her side and caught her, set her down gently as she hissed in pain.

'Owww!' She winced. Her voice was soft but in a way, similar to the way Emi's had been.

'Are you alright?' He asked. The girl froze and turned her head. Her eyes widened when she saw him and he had hoped that maybe she'd recognized him or something. But no, she had to scream. Sakura came rushing in.

'What's happened? Kakashi Sensei!?' She gasped when she saw the girl, she rushed to calm her down.

'It's alright, you're safe now!' She soothed. The girl relaxed and lay back.

'Sorry about that, I thought that I was-...no, never mind. Sorry, again,' she whispered, looking at her bandaged hands.

'Are you in any pain?' Sakura asked. The girl nodded.

'My ribs, I think I sat up too fast,' she smiled weakly. She cautiously lifted the blankets to see the damage on her legs and sighed with relief.

'It's only broken,' Sakura informed her. She nodded.

'Yeah, I can see that,' she said weakly.

Kakashi edged closer and got the girl's attention.

'W-What is your name?' He asked. She eyed him up before continuing.

'My name, is Emi Funkai,' she said slowly.

'Thank goodness for that,' Kakashi smiled from under his mask.

'And do you know who I am, Emi?' He asked, smiling again.

'...not a damn clue...' She shrugged.

Kakashi's heart stopped. He felt the smile disapear from under his mask and like someone had just got a giant pizza slice and slapped him in the face with it, sending him flying. That is how he felt.

'But Emi, it's me, Kakashi,' he said pointing at himself.

'Wiwashi?? That's one weird name Mister,' she shrugged. Sakura blinked, she too couldn't get her head round that this girl was actually Kakashi's dog and was now human and couldn't remember anything. Kakashi left the room and waited outside before burying his head in his hands. Emi...his beloved companion who was actually a human like him, had lost all traces of her memory and worst of all, forgotten him...