Chapter 9 - Rampage from the Fox

---9---

Emi's POV--a few weeks later...

All I remembered was that night, the night the blade had pierced my skin and the bullet had taken my life. I thought I'd died, but really, I was out for a while, and only just now have I woken up, to find a pervert with a mask and creepy hair, laying at my bedside, waiting for me to wake up. What the hec have I missed?!

For now, I was alone, everyone had left my hospital room and had gone off to "rebuild Konoha" I think I heard one of them say...? I struggled about of the bed and limped out of the door, using my crutches that they'd given me. A nurse entered the corridor and smiled at me.

'Good news Miss Funkai, you're to be dischared later this afternoon,' she said, meeting me and leading me back into my room.

'Thanks, but where am I going? I don't live here, I don't have a house or-'

'That's not true, Emi,' a voice came from the doorway. I narrowed my eyes and turned my head slightly, not wanting to look at him. 'You've lived with me for quite some time now,'

'Well, it seems that that's been sorted, I'll leave you two to sort thing out,' the nurse smiled and left.

My eyes widened and I clenched my fists.

'WHAT!? You're kidding me!! I've not been living with you Pervert! I don't know you! I shouldn't even be here, I died, I should be DEAD!' I sobbed, resting my back against the wall an sliding down it, onto the floor, bawling my eyes out. I sobbed like a baby, then I felt his arm around me.

'Don't cry Emi, I know it must be hard for you but try to remember. It's me, Kakashi, I looked after when we first met, and I'll do it again. Just trust me,' he said. I sniffled and looked up, but not at him, just ahead, into space.

'I must be out of my mind,' I mumbled. 'Fine,'

------

Later, I was discharged like the nurse had promised and Kakashi led the way through his village. Most of it was still being constructed and there were odd piles of rubble and debris here and there.

He helped me through the crowds that were hard at work. Soon we arrived at a half built building of apartments. Kakashi helped me up the stairs and let me into his empty apartment. All it really had was a couch, a TV, a kitchen, bathroom and a bedroom. Nothing fancy, but I suppose that their village had been destroyed just a few weeks ago by what could've been a natural disaster, an earthquake maybe? It was pretty cold in there too.

'Sorry Emi, the heating's down but we have running water, so help yourself to a drink. Here are some blankets and I've got you a few layers of clothes, you'll need them, girl,' he said, handing me the blankets and clothes. I blinked at him.

'Wait, wait, wait. Thanks for the clothes and the shelter, but...did you just call me "girl"?' I asked.

'No-n-no! Course not, old habits die hard okay, it's just that... I used to have a dog...' He said looking down sadly. My heart melted.

'Oh, right, did she um...you know...pass away when your village was destroyed?' I asked, cautious of the touchy subject. He looked at me.

'I don't know what happened to her. I just know that the last time I saw her, she went down, giving her life for me...and that I really miss her, and that I loved her.....more than anything in the world, more than life itself,'

I nodded sadly and looked down. That must be hard on him. I wonder how long he'd had her, what had she looked like, what was her name...

--

I sat, watching the TV, my face emotionless and my head aching. I had a few blankets wrapped around me and my broken leg was propped up in front of me. Kakashi Had gone into the small kitchen to make some food for us both.

Suddenly there was a loud bang on the door. I heard voices, one which I recognized and another one which I didn't, this voice sounding angry and aggressive.

'Hmmm,' Kakashi sighed, making his way over to the door. He opened it and before he could say anything, a blonde haired boy wearing an odd outfit that looked like an electrician's suit, stormed in, followed by the pink haired nurse, Sakura, who was tugging on his arm and begging him to stop and calm down.

'WHERE IS SHE!?' the boy roared.

'Naruto! You BAKA! No! Stop it and calm down!' Sakura yelled. The boy spotted me and his face darkened as he stormed over to me, standing directly between me and the TV. I turned it off.

'Emi! EMI! How could you!?' He yelled. I blinked. 'How could you just forget everything?! Just like that?' He yelled snapping his fingers. I shrugged.

'I-I don't know what you're talking about, Blondie,' I managed, in shock.

'YOU KNOW DAMN-WELL WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT EMI! You know!! How could you just forget everything that's happened these past few months?! Tell me!' He growled, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me hard. 'Emi! Listen to me, you've been through so much dice you've been here! You and Kakashi Sensei were a team! Inseparable! Best friends! The bond between you two is like the bond I have between Sasuke! And you just go and forget it all! Who are you Emi?!' He demanded. I blinked, my eyes welling with tears.

'I-I don't understand,' I whimpered. That made Blondie angrier.

'PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!' he yelled and shook me again. 'Where's the Emi who fought to the end? Where's the Emi who laid down her life for Kakashi Sensei?! Where's the dog who would never leave her master?! What happened to her?!' He yelled. Then it clicked...I...me...I was Kakashi's dog? I blinked in disbelief, suddenly everything came flooding back, and the aches and pains in my head and heart stopped. My mood changed and I felt something spark inside me. Before me stood Naruto Uzumaki, the boy with the words that would change the world, the one who told me who Emi was...who I am...

Kakashi pulled Naruto away from me and Sakura rushed to my side.

'That was too far Naruto!' Sakura snapped. Kakashi shook his head sadly.

'No, I see what Naruto's trying to do, he only means well Sakura. But Naruto, I doubt that she can her us, I think that Emi died with Pain...' He said.

'Wait,' I whispered, a mixture of emotions filled inside me. Everyone stopped and looked at me.

'Blondie's right...but Kakashi, you're wrong...something unusual for you, I know, but the thing is...' I started, feeling a sudden burst if energy coming off of me. 'I won't die so easily, especially if you don't give up on me,' I smirked. As I spoke, I noticed blue chakra coming off of me and forming into the face of a dog, which mirrored my mouth, saying exactly what i'd said.

'That's not the end of Emi Funkai,' I smirked...

---------------------------------------------

Hope you likey ^^