✳️Straight in the batteries✳️

✨ Skylar ✨

Skylar

What even is life?

Is it the moments that you share with the people around you, or is it the quotes and memes which you found on Pinterest that gets you through it?

I don't really know, but which ever one it is, it's definitely not gonna make my will to live any longer.

"Hola! Soy Dora, can you help me find the big, blue ocean?"

"It's behind you, you stupid, blind bitch! Your eyes are as big as watermelons and yet you can't see shit!" I yelled out frustrated as I yeeted my phone across the table. Not that anyone could hear me over the music that was blasting through the speakers.

The strobing lights did nothing for the horrible migraine that my poor head was currently suffering from. The dark ballroom was filled with dancing couples and talking relatives which only made it worse since it was too loud.

It was starting to get annoying.

I rested the side of my head on my arms as I caught sight of my younger brother, who was dancing with one of our younger cousins.

Well it was more like my mom forced him to since his nose was burried in the book of Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.

She didn't want him to miss out on all the "fun" which resorted to her dragging him to the dance floor by his ear.

Ouch.

I was resting my aching feet on the cold tiled floor after walking around in those damn stiletto heels for 7 hours straight.

I could've sworn that my big toe and pinky toe were almost touching with those death traps on.

I mean I don't mind wearing heels since they make my feet look good but don't go creating a weapon that could've probably been used in World War I in a shape of a shoe.

Anyways. Hi, I'm Skylar Reeds and just know that I'm greeting you telepathically since it would've been heavy awkward if I talked to air out loud. You should also know that technically my surname is Preston now since my mom just married her brand new husband this afternoon.

(The fourth wall be quaking👀)

And I'm currently sitting at the venue of their after party.

Isn't that just pure fun?

Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

Take it back 6 years ago, when we were a happy family living in Seattle.

It was just me, my baby brother, my mom and my dad.

I was happy with what I had and thought that nothing could ruin my perfect family.

I was wrong.

My dad died when I was 12 (which is a story for another day) and my picture perfect family shattered into a million tiny pieces.