❇️Scaredy Hippogriff❇️

✨️ Skylar ✨️

✨️ Skylar ✨️

Y'know just as things were starting to go well, it all went to a ball of shit after the school play.

I thought things were bad when that blue-eyed monster annoyed me with his snide comments and his 'I'll make sure to remind you that I hate your guts' attitude, but now he just flat out ignores me like I'm some ghost. Even Casper the friendly fucking ghost had more interaction than I have this past week.

I was willing to forget the whole hugging me gave him a major jumpscare and just go on with our lives but then he decides to make things awkward by ignoring everything that has to do with me. And it's irritating the shit out of me.

This shouldn't bother me as much as it does, hell maybe January me would've been ecstatic about this development but now, April me was kinda...relieved when Dodger gave me that unsuspecting hug. It felt like he finally saw me in another light where he could share his joy with me for finding something that made him so happy. And not under the light where I'm the unfortunate stepsister that was only a nuisance in his life. Now I'm just plain sad about his reaction and I hate how it makes feel like I'm not good enough to stand in that other light.

But what rattles me is how suspicious he's been acting lately, especially today, as if he was hiding something. Something that is setting off alarms and red flags everytime I think about it. It feels like I'll be the most badly affected when I find out what he's hiding and that really scares me.

A sudden flash of light pulls me away from my thoughts as I'm forced back to earth where a thunderous storm was currently pouring down, lighting up the dark world outside my window.

Lightning.

It is said to bring destruction and fear, but it's only misunderstood.

It's free. Flying across the sky like the veins of a leaf. It does whatever it wants, whenever it wants and it just...happens without warning to keep that amazing element of surprise.

The light dances on the ceiling of my room and across my walls like a ballerina getting lost in the music.

And then it's gone as if the darkness swallowed it forever not allowing it to shine ever again.

But then the light comes back, it always does. It's as if it felt bad for leaving me alone in the dark and the thunder that follows is like a reassurance. A reassurance that it will be back to light up my dark, suffocating room.

The dark, suffocating room that only exists in my head.

I unconsiously go to fiddle with my dad's ring on my thumb to search for a little more comfort but I don't find it as I come to a realisation that the ring isn't there.

I think the last time I saw it was when I put it on the kitchen counter before helping mom with breakfast this morning, I was too busy to put it back on afterwards.