✳️Independance Day✳️

✨ Skylar ✨

✨ Skylar ✨

It was so beautiful.

The white Bösendorfer grand piano stood in the centre of the room. Golden details ran along the edges, interweaving wth each other.

I didn't notice that I was already sitting in front of the piano until my fingers were hovering above the black and white keys.

My fingers trembled as I couldn't bring myself to let them fly over the piano to create the beautiful music I knew I could make...but the confidence I had when I sat next to my father in front of a piano was now nowhere to be seen.

My heart was beating almost out of my chest as my trembling fingers still hovered over the keys. I want to do it, I really do but I don't know if I can, not without him.

"Go ahead, I heard you could play very well." A voice cut though the silence which caused my head to snap towards the direction of the voice.

I was met with a smiling Silas as he walked towards where I was sitting before taking a seat next to me.

"Oh no, i-it's been too long since I last played. I don't think-" I started with an excuse but was cut off when a hand was gently placed on my head.

"Skylar, play." Silas said softly with a soft and encouraging smile. And at that moment I saw my dad, my actual dad that said the exact same words to an 8 year old me. His face disappeared and I once again saw Silas.

Different people and yet the same comforting feeling.

He's really trying, isn't he? He's stuck with a step daughter like me that doesn't give him a second glance but he's still trying, trying to get me to actually look at him. To look at him as more than just somebody my mother married.

"Je suis désolé. Je ne suis pas l fille que tu veux ni mérite." I stated in french, his mother tongue, to make it easier for me to say as I looked down at the piano. (I'm sorry. I'm not the daughter you want nor deserve.)

"Mais tu es la fille dont j'ai besoin." He said softly as he put his arm around my shoulder before pulling me into a side hug. (But you're the daughter I need.)

I let myself sink into the familiar warmth of Silas' hug, before I stretch out my hand to let my fingers press down on the keys one by one.

I broke away from the hug as natural instinct coursed through my fingers and Für Elise could be heard echoing across the room.

It felt amazing, to the point where I tried to hold back the tears that were burning my eyes

It's a good thing Silas closed his eyes as he swayed to the music and couldn't see my facial expression since I've been told that I looked annoyed/irritaded when I try not to cry.

It's quite embarrassing since many people misunderstood me in the past because of this, made a lot of people mad. Funny right? Guess we're all unique in our own way.