✳️Oh Cheeseballs✳️

✨ Skylar ✨

Skylar ✨

"Are you absolutely sure this is gonna work?" I asked as I looked down at my outfit.

Caleb and I were standing in front of a building with neon blue LED lights that spelled the words 'Los Angeles Police Department'. The parking lot was surprisingly empty for a Friday night with only about 3 cars parked near each other including Caleb's Chevrolet Dodge (another reason for the Dodger nickname) which he refers to as 'the only girl he'll love'. What a dumbass.

I was currently dressed in those fancy black trousers (that I stole out of mom's closet) with a tucked-in white blouse and black stilettos with straps around the ankles. They hurt, a lot.

I tugged at the blazer that hung over my shoulders as I held an extremely fake snake skin purse in front of me. My hair was pulled back in a clip as I let the shorter pieces of my hair frame my face. I honestly look like that cliché Disney mom that doesn't have any time for her kids.

But I didn't have to look in a mirror to know that I looked like the spitting image of my mom who's about to go to work, heck I even put on some makeup to make myself look older which was a mission in itself.

"Of course it'll work. You look like any other young and single mother who's about to bail her troublesome son out of jail. No big dip." Caleb stated with a confident voice but his nervous posture and the slight sweat that was building on his forehead said otherwise.

"Yeah right, you look like you're ready to jump into a pull of sharks from a 20 story building with how you're sweating bullets. And you call yourself a football player." I scoffed as I picked off a piece of lint from my blouse.

"Hey I'll have you know that the ladies throw themselves at this amazingly good looking football player who is purely being a gentleman by not turning the poor things down, and what do you know about football anyways?" He boasted with his head held high as he gave me a side glare. I wish he could be Harley Quinn and throw himself into acid.

"Ok first of all, that's not something to be proud of Dodger, especially when you probably do it in the janitors closet like every cliche bad boy you find in those online books and secondly, I wouldn't know shit about American football because I personally prefer rugby because it's more enjoyable to watch. And no offence but you look like you'd be snapped in half if you played a sport like football. You look more like someone who'd play cricket or even golf, oh or maybe you should consider tennis." I stated as I looked at him with my arms crossed.

"Alright 'first of all'," he mocked with air quotes, "bitch I'm not an animal, I at least have the decency to do it on a nice and clean bed and not on the unhigenic floor of the janitors closet. That's just fucking gross." He states before shivering in disgust at the mere thought. Who would've thought.

"And secondly...Really?! I absolutely love rugby but had to settle for football, it was the most similar sport our school has." He said with a lot of excitement, much to my surprise, when he realised that someone liked the same sport as he did but quickly cleared his throat in embarrassment when he noticed how pitched his voice had gotten.